LR Velar Lease, HELP!

Hello guys,

New member here and about to pull the trigger on a Velar. Wanted to run these numbers by you and see what you thought. I was able to negotiate 5k off MSRP which is 7%, another 2k off for Spring Bonus. Got the MF down to .00123 (base is .00073) and residual at 55%.

May have a tiny bit more wiggle room left but not sure. Payments are aboit $20 higher compared to the Lease Hackr calculator I used on this site. Not sure if that’s something I’m doing wrong or them squeezing something extra somewhere.

Please advise of this looks like a good deal…

1 Like

From what I can see, you aren’t getting a $5k discount, they have you paying $5k in cap cost reduction which comes out of your pocket. On top of that, they are marking up the MF? They are giving you no discount on MSRP and only the $2k rebate.

2 Likes

The MSRP is $67,940. They took off 5k plus 2k spring bonus and after my 5k down payment the net cap cost is $56,525. Am I wrong about that?

He said if he was to give me a large discount like 5k he would need to mark up the money factor .50

Here is an example of what is possible:

Granted @Bostoncarconcierge gets great deals, but I’d say your deal needs some work.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words sir!

1 Like

@Bostoncarconcierge I’m ready to buy, pm me sir.

@28firefighter That deal you posted is for a velar with a lower MSRP and a payment of 665 plus tax which is about 50 bucks in my state. So 715 per month. The deal I posted is similar monthly for a velar with a higher MSRP. Am I missing something?

His deal had $2500 DAS - yours has $6888. Adding that $4300 into your deal over 36 months adds about $120/month to your payment.

The point here is you need a much stronger discount and buy rate on the MF. May not be possible in your region, but I wanted to share that as an example of what is possible - heck, you could spend $1000 to ship and still come out $3300 ahead…

1 Like

@28firefighter I gotcha, are people getting base money factors? This dealer was at .00224 at first so I thought getting it lowered to .00123 wasnt bad lol

Also what would you say is a good discount to shoot for off the msrp?

Good lord. You have a sample deal structure to work from there - so run with what was posted as a target DAS and monthly.

Is there another dealer in your area you can start talking to? Sounds like these folks are trying to make a killing on you…

@28firefighter unfortunately no they are the only ones. I’m in St Louis MO

Ok after more negotiating I got the MF down to .00103 and another $311 off the MSRP so $5311 discount so far. I think if I go in to close the deal I can get another $628 off MSRP for a total discount of 6k, 2k incentive and .00103 MF.

MSRP $64,939
SALE PRICE $59,628 (potentially another $628 off)
AFTER 2K INCENTIVE $57,628
BASE MF .00073
ADJUSTED MF .00103
RESIDUAL 55%

What do you guys think?

What is the correct MF? You have .00103 in one place which is 2.47% and then .000103 which is .25%, big difference. Money Factors are set, you should not need to negotiate it.

Did you go to Edmunds and get the information? Here’s the link if not, they are quick to get back to you: Put in exact model, miles/months & zip code (you’ll see others examples). https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51916/land-rover/range-rover-velar/2019-land-rover-range-rover-velar-lease-deals-and-prices/p13

2 Likes

I’m assuming OP inadvertently added an extra 0 in there since he had it as .00103 earlier in the post. Also, dealerships love to mark up MF assuming most costumers don’t know what it is, and if they know what it is they don’t know what buy rate is - so in many cases you do need to negotiate it.

OP - I don’t believe it’s the saving grace that is going to make it a good deal, but kindly let the dealership know you would like to use buy rate MF or you will be taking your business elsewhere.

1 Like

I sent the following sample to OP from a deal last week with a super nice LH member. This was a $66K SE R

@Russ1 - Focus on sale price and MF, not residual anymore.

2 Likes

Get a BMW instead. They have good incentives on the X6

If you’re open to flying to Chicago and driving it down, LR of Northfield are great to work with and fairly straight forward. They also have much more competition so they wont pull this BS.

Thanks guys, so the only issue you guys see on my deal is the MF being marked up by .00030? Is a 6k off MSRP a decent amount off?

I’ll give LR northfield a call and see what they can do.

Yes I got the info.
Base MF is .00073
Residual is 55%

My dealer marked MF up to .00103

Why not get car from @Bostoncarconcierge and ship it if your dealer is not competitive?

1 Like