Looking to lease 2018 XC90 T6

If you get the R-Design, you might find the interior more comfortable, as the middle of the seats are Nubuck, or a kind of an Alacantra/suede type of material. Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, but not kid friendly for spills. Firmer suspension, sportier seats, different wheels. Looks like the best overall lease terms are on the R-Design. Uh oh- the Momentum has $3,000 in incentives- the R-Design has $1,500. Hard to say what wins out bang for the buck wise between a Momentum and R-Design. I’d say go with what you like.

Are you sure you need the Advanced pkg? Out here, most T6s have it.

Have you thought about letting a broker like @mani_is_kool do the grinding for you?

Are the incentives the same in Atlanta? $3k for MOM & 1.5k for Rdesign?

What payment are you aiming for on the 2018 XC90 we left on yesterday ?

Check with edmunds

i checked and it’s not showing anything except loyalty…was wondering if it’s not updated

For T6 Momentum and R-Design- $3K and $1,500.

Yes @mani_is_kool and I have talked. The R-design only came up because the particular dealer I was talking to only had that vehicle with the advanced package.

I like the active bending lights and the 360
Camera. The rest I could live without. I would like to have the package but I guess at the end of the day maybe I could live without it.

My Chevy dealer contacted me yesterday with a ridiculous price (more than a XC90) on a ‘19 Traverse Redline. But was covering 1/2 my remaining payments, giving me supplier pricing and wiping away the dealer fee.

My number one requirement is that it needs to be a T6.

I ideally would like to be in the low 600s in payments and if I could get lower than that then that’s even better (although I don’t know how likely that is)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I still feel like this is a high price or am I wrong?

2019 VOLVO T6 AWD MONENTUM, ADVANCED PK, MSRP $62,470.00 SALE PRICE $56,000.00 RESIDUAL 56%
M/F 0.00193
AQ FEE $695.00
DEALER FEE $799.95
C/CREDUCTION $3,495.00
TOTAL DUE AT SIGNING IS $3,495.00 ONLY. 39M 15K PER YR $698.00 PLUS TX =$746.93

I’d estimate the invoice to be $59,292, so suggest:

$52,292 invoice
$01,500 discount
$03,000 incentives

$54,792 selling price (or up to about $55,300) as a target
0.00155 MF at buy rate
$995 acquisition fee, to help take the sting out of buy rate
$0 CCR (capitalized cost reduction)
Do 10 MSDs instead of a CCR to buy rate down to 0.00105
Capitalize the acquisition fee and the $799.95 dealer fee
Just pay license fees + MSDs as DAS

I’d play tough like it’s this deal or you’ll contact other dealers.

1 Like

What would that put the payment around?

I come up with this. The $3,000 incentive is netted out in the selling price (that’s the way a dealer is going to look at it) and I added the $800 dealer fee = $54,792 + $800 = $55,592.

35 remaining payments of $641 including tax

The DAS should be an MSD or $6,500 + $100 license (or whatever it is) = $6,600 or so. This calculator is goofy with MSD amounts.

1 Like

Just want to understand what you mean by:
“If she puts her name on an incoming car AND gets pre-approved for the lease, she can have her choice (assuming the $2,750 is offer protected, which it probably is) between the October offer and the November offer.”

How would this work if I wanted to lease a XC90 soon but not sure if I should wait for December incentives? Putting your name on an incoming car – is that reserving a car not currently on the dealers lot? Sorry if silly questions – I’m new to this!

Volvo has a thing called “offer protection.” If you want to get an incoming car or place an order for one, they will give you the same terms that are available when you order it. The offers available have to be eligible for offer protection when you order a car or claim an incoming one.

In your case you would need to claim an XC90 coming in December. Whatever incentives that are offer protected in November would apply to that car when it arrives in December. If it’s a lease, the lease needs to be approved in November as well. It looks to me like everything is offer protected except the 1st payment waiver, so if the 1st payment waiver is available near you, it would be a waste of time to lock up a deal since you wouldn’t get it next month. The 1st payment waiver is supposed to be renewed next month, but if it’s available in your area, you would have to wait until next month to get it along with the December programs.

What model XC90 are you considering and what zip code are you in or near?

Thank you! Very helpful information. I’m thinking the T5 or T6 momentum — because I thought I’d be able to get the most attractive lease pricing on it. I’m in northern NJ (07976).

Sorry —should have added AWD

@bworths - looks like in NJ there’s no lease cash on T5 AWDs or T6s (AWD is standard) right now. If you go outside your area, you might find a dealer who gets some. Have you asked dealers if they have the 1st payment waiver over there?

The programs don’t look good this month, so there’s nothing good to offer protect, anyway. I’d wait until next month, anyway.

Thank you! Appreciate your advice & information!

@KD6-3.7 I know its only the 19th and you don’t have a crystal ball, but do you think or have any insight to it being better in Dec since your suggestion is to wait till next Month? Does Volvo typically do anything special for December?

Volvo is unpredictable. The 1st payment waiver (if it’s even offered where you live) is supposed to roll over next month. If there’s strong incentives this month on the car you’re looking at, I would take the bird in hand. If none, I’d wait.

1 Like