Looking to lease 2018 XC90 T6

I know its not popular here, but have you thought of buying a used 2016 XC90? Basically same vehicle - find one for $35k, add an extended warranty if you want. Payment on a 5yr loan would be less than your lease payment and you would have equity at end of 3 years if you didn’t like it.

@Ursus it has 316 miles

I’m currently driving a 2016 Tahoe so as much as that might make some sense I would rather have a new vehicle. Plus, I usually always lease

A dealer has the right to make money. While I agree the dealer fee is high I would be fine with it if they got rid of all the other padding

I know, but 16 miles won’t make any difference in your payments :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This guy is looking for 2019 Tahoe, in FL. Offer him yours :slight_smile:
Please post "wanted" ads here

1 Like

@Ursus - assuming they’ve got $4K to work with, it looks like they’re going deep to me- on the order of $3,200 below invoice minus incentive (if $4K). Even if you correct for the padded fees, it’s still $2K below invoice minus incentive.

I wonder about the car’s history. It’s not punched, but it is 13 months old (I know which one it is), which is suspicious for a mainstream configuration like it is. There’s also a $60 “rental surcharge” in the drive-off, which smells fishy. I wonder if something happened to it, even though the Carfax doesn’t show anything. It needs 4,500 miles AND 6 months of age to qualify for the $2,100 loaner incentive. There’s also a 3 month/2,250 mile loaner incentive of $1,500 that’s been out there for a while.

Being the XC90 is 13 months old- you should insist on an oil change and obtain a copy of the RO. The oil is supposed to be changed every year, no matter how few miles have been put on it. Plus make sure they update the software- and get a copy of the RO.

@cheapdad00 - you need to evaluate the price/value of a used XC90 to consider it. The ones I’ve seen out here are over-priced and 2016 is, let’s just say, the first year of production.

2016 LTZ over here. Ya want it? :joy::joy::joy:

Makes it even more interesting. OP is probably better off hiring a broker than dealing with these guys.
She also loses whole year of warranty.

1 Like

@KD6-3.7 so what do you think the car is? Too little miles to be a managers car.

At this point I’m ready too because I’m so done with this entire process! I’ve never ever had issues like this getting a vehicle before.

Anyone have any recommendations for a broker in FL?

@mani_is_kool said he doesn’t have anything, try @Benedetto. And search - there was a guy who got a good deal on Volvo in FL and he recommended his dealer.

1 Like

@Ursus - she wouldn’t lose any warranty on an un-punched car. Volvo does want the oil changed on one year old new cars, though. I think Mani would be cool- being a quality Florida broker. But his connection is out for a couple of weeks and he doesn’t have any 2018s. Plugging in a 2019 XC90 T6 Momentum for a payment estimator brings up $0 in incentives, so it looks like a 2018 is the way to go. Searching farther away from Sarasota might help. Looks like the 2019 version has a 56% RV and a MF of 0.00155 (vs 52% and 0.00165 correct MF).

Oh, right. It’s not punched.

@KD6-3.7 this car is in Fort Lauderdale. I’ve searched the entire state. Even out of state. This one is the only one that has the packages I want.

316 miles is a lot for a new car. Could have been a short term demo or something without being punched. The only ones that know are the dealer and I wouldn’t trust anything they say. In a worst case scenario, it could have been wrecked and in the shop for months.

Exactly. With all this different number crap from this dealer and all this ridiculous back and forth as much as I hate to say it my gut tells me to walk from this one.

Maybe I’m better looking into a 2019. Ugh!

Maybe. How long can you drive the Tahoe with the tires the way they are now?

I’m pushing it already. I think I can make it to Thanksgiving :joy::joy:

That is a part of the issue as well. If you really want a good deal, you have to be a little open on color choices and configurations. If its definitely the one you want then how much of a difference are we looking at from what they are asking and what you want them to be at ?