Looking for Luxury SUV w/ 3rd row seating

Hello!
I’m moving to Philadelphia from the Bay Area and am looking for a 2-3 year lease on a loaded suv that has the third row seating option.
Models I’m looking at:

1. Range Rover sport
  2. BMW X5
  3. Volvo XC90
  4. Land Rover Discovery
  5. Mercedes GLS
  6. Audi Q7
  7. Lincoln Navigator
  8. Acura MDX

I have always aggressively shopped for cars on this forum with great success - thank you! Chevy Equinox and BMW I3 are my recent trophies (I plan to turn in the i3 early by 6 months) Unfortunately I’m moving out there quickly and need to get a car by the end of the month. Hoping one of you can hook me up quick! Im not familiar with dealers in that area. I’m flexible on pricing, main goal is to get an awesome leasehacker score with a car that is loaded and fun for my stint in the northeast. Need to pickup by end of March.

1 Like

X5 3rd row is terrible…MDX pile of crap front to back dumped my 2016 after 3 months.
Have not been in new Navigator but looks nice not sure how good it leases though.
GLS 3rd row is nice as well as the car. msrp around 75k leases for approx $950
Driving Yukon this year and really like it.MSRP 65k payment is $800
MDX was cheapest to lease AWD with tech was $513 a month…
everything leased with drive offs only 3/36

Thanks for the feedback. Any experience with the Range Rover sport and how that leases? The Mercedes does look nice… for some reason I’ve just always avoided them

from what I’ve seen the Range Rover will probably run you at least $900

1 Like

I dont think you can get a great lease hacker score with any of the vehicles you mentioned. You jave to haggle a lot maybe to even come close to 1% with those. Maybe Volvo but you have to look at what they offering this month in terms of rebates.

If you are considering cars with miles, this store has 3 GLS loaners with low miles. They have them listed on Manheim @ $65, 65 & 66k which means they want them gone. All 3 are selenite grey. https://www.statecollegemercedes.com/certified/Mercedes-Benz/2017-Mercedes-Benz-GLS+450-For+Sale+in+State+College,+PA-af0d33070a0e0aea69b2f2f286d4f26a.htm

Not in your list but Infiniti QX60 usually have decent lease deals.

I rented a rover sport for a few days, Loved driving it but never looked at the 3rd row.

I was recently (August 17) in your position, needing a 3 Row vehicle and looking at the Rover’s as well as the MDX, Pilot, etc… I ended up in a Toyota Highlander Limited (click on my avatar) for $0 Down at $505 a month for 36/12K. I paid my first payment up front, no CCR of any kind. I qualified for conquest of $1K, and I beat them down on price.

I chose the Highlander because it felt as luxurious as any of the other vehicles (minus the GLS and Rover) with most of the same features. It came down to, do I really want to pay an additional $400 a month for a few items I may rarely use, if ever…? I chose not to do that.

That said, you may hate the Highlander… it’s all subjective. But I’d consider it if I were you. If not the Highlander, I’d look at the GX460 from Lexus.

1 Like

I would 2nd the following models, all which are better values: XC90, GX460 or QX60

Thanks for all the great feedback! I’ll def check out the Infiniti and Volvo as well.

curious as to which you ended up going with? I am also looking for a luxury SUV w 3rd row.

Depends on your budget, which brands you consider luxury, and whether you need a genuine third row vs very occasional use.

Definitely check out Infiniti QX60 and remove Mdx from the list imo.

This year Lexus introduced the RX-L which has a 3rd row seat. So, you might consider that for your list of luxury 3rd row SUVs. One of the two cars we recently leased was the 2018 Lexus RX-L. We paid $509/mo plus tax ($542 incl tax) and zero costs due at signing except the first month’s payment. Details here: 2018 Lexus RX 350 and a 2018 Lexus RX-L

The RX-L has a very compromised third row. If you need a genuine third row I’d advise people to look elsewhere

Have you considered the 2018 Buick Enclave? The third row and cargo capacity are decent.