Looking for car reccomendation

Thanks to this forum, a few years ago I was able to lease a Chevy Cruze for $35.00 a month. That lease is up in a few months, and while I don’t expect to find anything that absurd again (for one thing I won’t have a trade-in this time), I would like to pick the brains of the Leasehackrs as to what my next car should be. I’m not really a “car guy,” and so I don’t keep up with what’s out there, and frankly the main reason I chose the Cruze was for the novelty of being able to tell everyone it was cheaper than my Starbucks habit.

Basically, I’m looking for a daily commuter car, preferably a hatch but not required, backseat room not an issue, automatic, with a provision for Apple CarPlay.

I could lease another Cruze – I haven’t had a single issue with that car – but since I saved all that money maybe I should treat myself and step up to a slightly sportier/more fun-to-drive vehicle.

Our other car is a Bolt so this one probably has to be ICE. But maybe not if there was some super deal on some weird-ass Cali-only EV model nobody wants.

Does the Impreza appeal?

Maybe buy a brand new Cruze at a massive discount and drive it until the wheels fall off?

1 Like

Trax also has massive incentives (might make it even cheaper than Cruze in some situations)

Cheaper than $35 a month ?

Sorry but you just joined 1 day ago.

1 Like

Cheaper than a Cruze on a purchase. I should have clarified

All great suggestions, and I was actually thinking of buying a Cruze or Trax; I’ve become something of a Chevy fanboy 'cause I love our Bolt so much. I’m guessing the deals will be even better after the first of the year?

The Imprezza does look interesting; another car in roughly the same class/price range and maybe a little zippier is the Hyundai Veloster.

Another possibility is a Nissan Leaf (used to have one) with low mileage; they can be had for very little $ considering the motor in those things will outlive me.