Lexus RX350 - Can't stand it - get me out of this lease!

My wife wanted a safe, smooth riding SUV and didn’t need the bells a whistles so we got a RX350. I hate the car, it’s the most boring car I’ve owned and my wife wants something with more pep. I should have gotten the Jeep Grand Cherokee fully loaded. shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I’m looking to trade in the RX and get a luxury SUV or top trim level of affiliated brand around $450/month. Open to almost anything, our other car is a BMW if that qualifies us for loyalty cash etc.

The RX has 1900 miles, black int/nebula gray ext. 33 months left at $448/month

Can anyone help?

Does it put you to sleep?

Acura RDX with the 2.0t engine comes to mind
Alfa Romeo Stelvio

1 Like

Sounds like this would be better off in the wanted topic considering you have 0 details about your RX and don’t talk about transferring it at all

4 Likes

yep, put in more detail.

How many miles left ? What options does the car have? F sport?

Great sales tactics :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you did a straight trade in, there would probably be negative equity. So go to vroom or carvana.com and get a quote on how much your car is worth, then look at your payoff. My guess is your payoff will be a few thousand higher than their offers.
My best advice is to try and transfer the lease, pretty sure Lexus doesn’t have any weird restrictions. You can try posting it on swapalease or other lease swapping sites. Once you get rid of that, then try and find another vehicle you do like.

ha, I wish it was.

34050 miles left and it’s a base model.

Wanna swap? I have a Grand Cherokee Limited with 180 miles on it… :wink:

Got the sticker? $448 includes LA tax?

With a little negative equity, which you probably have at this early stage, this is a very aggressive, some may say unrealistic, goal.

Ha, check my carvana topic, literally the exact same reason we sold it after 15 months. Most boring car ever owned. Super nice to sit in though if you don’t look at the infotainment.

Sold the car to carvana for $45 more than the payoff. Was easy peasy and was happy to be rid of it. Got all my MSDs a few weeks later.

Wife is now driving my BMW wagon and I’m buying a used fiesta ST.

1 Like

Look at Carvana.

I sold mine after 3 months and had a good amount of positive equity.

1 Like

unlikely he can get out this early in the lease without being upside down a lot.

I suggest you post the car properly with all information and photos and if you aggressively want out of this car, offer some sort of incentive.

1 Like

I would try Vroom.com they paid me a lot more for our RX than we owed on it 10 months into the lease.

lol sorry man i just read this and laughed

my wife got the lexus RX 330 10 years ago. what a piece of shit car.

never again will I buy a toyota or lexus. the most boring, uninspired, nanny cars ever. with the worst brakes, worst handling, worst engines, etc etc well I lie, if i could lease one for $200 a month I would get it for my wife as long as i never had to drive it.

2 Likes

What do you drive now? I would say that the GS 350 is anything but boring and uninspiring. I will miss that car a lot. Some people get the stripped down base RX and then complain that it’s boring. Get a loaded f sport and you may feel differently.

1 Like

Worse brakes for what? For the average driver they are fine, for the Indy 500, they are not good. Worse engine? Very reliable. Same analogy applies. The RX is no X5m but for getting to the mall and market, or driving in areas with lots of traffic they are perfect. Open windy road, (harder to find every year) they are not. Porsche is good for that, except that they cost much more to buy and maintain. Any German car will cost a bunch to maintain and repair. Does that make them better?

1 Like

Sounds like someone has an RX.

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes