Leasing in Canada

I have a sister about to takeover a lease in Canada, if anyone has any insights they’d be much appreciated.

Canada’s leasing system seems to be pretty different to that of the united states. They push for much longer terms and its not all that publicized. (dealers seem to keep specials close guarded)

Anyways, the car is a 2017 Toyota Corolla LE. 2 years left on the lease, 13k miles or 21k km annually.

Payment is 253 + tax = 286

With how Canadians are in general, you sort of expect a car dealer there to like apologize 10x and call you “buddy” and “guy” a lot. That said, I had a coworker send a car from the US to his parents in Canada and it turned out to be cheaper than getting it in Montreal. Have you looked into sending her something maybe?

1 Like

Sorry to give life back to an old thread but I actually have to help a cousin of mine in Ontario get an MDX lease. Anyone has any experience on this end? I can’t even find a way to get RV and MF without contacting a dealer.

I don’t think its possible unless they have a US established credit history and employment record.

I got wildly different prices so you really have to try a lot of dealers.

Ended up with 229 per month Elantra Preferred, $400 upfront.

I don’t know if this is a good barometer to measure the deal, but I converted it to us dollars and it came to $172, which I thought was very good for an Elantra SEL (effectively).

Thanks for the advice. So basically use the old shop around tactic just to get to a number deal :stuck_out_tongue: without any info. Im guessing getting that information (RV, MF and Incentives) out is going to be near impossible.

This is a little more than that and there is less rhyme or reason than the US as there isn’t much info out there.

For example, we got the car at Downtown Toronto Hyundai, which (in my mind) should be the most expensive

Got it. Well I might just keep updating on this post how it goes, once i start working on this. Might be good information for future members. Thanks Q.

Hey @mani_is_kool… did you find anything out? Looking to start working in a lease deal for my SIL in Ontario

Didnt get anywhere. Not many resources. Cousin ended up taking an RDX A spec just by bargaining back n forth for a week… really not much help available across the border.

1 Like

Hey @nyclife I am in Canada and have been following your threads. There are sites like Unhaggle and Carcostcanada that will show the invoice price + available incentives for a given car.

I’m not an expert by any means but my understanding is that you cannot negotiate the RV. Something interesting – I took a look at your “Volvo November” posting and your discounts off MSRP are 2x and 3x better discounts than invoice pricing in Canada. I wonder if using a canadian broker will translate to getting a deal that is less than the invoice pricing in Canada.

Does the volume of cars purchased from Volvo worldwide dictate the invoice pricing? e.g. do higher volume shops get better invoice pricing?

Curious if there are any tips you could provide to leasing a volvo in canada at the best possible rate. Thanks!

Hello all,

Moving to Canada and looking to lease a car. Pretty flexible with options. Can anybody recommend a lease broker or somebody who can assist me in this process. Direct dealer communications have failed until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.