**Leasehackr Forum Feedback Wanted!**

Most “real world” numbers let the car dealers steal thousands of dollars from us.

Because decades ago, 20% was their invoice price.

Today, the “invoice price” is a fraction of that… around 4% to 5%.

So when real people sign real-world deals and ask if 4% off MSRP is a good deal, I say NO!!!

I just read another post somewhere on this forum where a poster got 20% off MSRP - just by going directly to the sales manager.

Now that is real world!

Michael great forum.

There is a user “rvguy” who has written some excellent comments and insight on how the leasing and in particular RV works. You might consider asking him if his words could be featured in some manner.

The calculator has to be one of the best I have found. I really like the ability to select the car and have it fill in various figures. It would be great if a save button could be added so you could see a few different configurations.

1 Like

Longtime lurker, finally pulled the trigger and got an account. Thanks for all the hard work.

I backup the request to have a central “master” list of residuals and MF, even if it’s just a google doc that can be updated once a month or something of the sort. I think that would eliminate a lot of threads and centralize discussion a bit more.

Same with having one thread for a specific model for a couple of months (e.g. Honda CRV Winter 2016) to reduce clutter.

+1 on the residuals and MF for top 50 brands/models as a post or table.
Have featured lease deals updated weekly as hackrs post their deals
Have a way to capture the individual deals people post in a table or a section for post your own deals. Current table seems to be a fraction of actual deals, so there is need to make it user editable and I don’t think it needs to be curated.

Dear Santa!
I’ve been a good boy (I think), so can you please ban that nutty, angry boy as your gift for Christmas? That boy who keeps loitering all over this wonderful gingerbread house that you’ve build here for nice boys and girls. He takes snippets of other nice boys’ texts and inserts them into his endless paragraphs of utter nonsense, making every thread simply unreadable. He even goes as far as advising others on best strategies using these nice boys’ posts, without even crediting nice boys for their helpful insight. Maybe, as an alternative, you can just programmatically limit him to 20 characters max in each thread? This would be a straightforward code modification similar to 20 characters min, but based on user ID. And who knows, it may even be handy in the future for other nutty boys.
Sincerely,
Ursus

7 Likes

Full disclosure should be required, for anyone who is an industry professional.

E.g. this guy. After I posted a lease calc spreadsheet that can be used in the 40-odd states that tax the monthly payment, he wants a calculator for all the other states. What kind of individual needs a calculator that works in all 50 states?

And when he says “client” what does he mean? Client of his dealership, his broker service or what?

1 Like

Yes.

I admit it.

I am an industry professional. I help everyday car buyers level the playing field with car dealerships.

Have you looked at my profile? I am very upfront about this.

Looked at profile. “truth in 7minutes”, heh?

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you’re going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That’s - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you’re not happy with the first 7 minutes, we’re gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That’s it. That’s our motto. That’s where we’re comin’ from. That’s from “A” to “B”.
Ted: That’s right. That’s - that’s good. That’s good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you’re in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody’s comin’ up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won’t even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.

2 Likes

Yes! I totally agree with this!

1 Like

We should do “Truth in 6 Minutes”

1 Like

You’re not in it to help anyone. You’re in it to apparently extract $198 from people who don’t know better.

In order to access all my notes, my Quick Start Guide, my Million Dollar Rolodex, my pricing calculators, my lists of the best cars to buy for the money, etc….

I also charge a flat signup fee of $198. This includes a full 12 months of FREE updates.

5 Likes

LOL I knew it even without clicking on his 7 minutes abs link. But yeah, I gave him too much credit - he charges over $100 more :slight_smile:

1 Like

$189 plus 10% of what you saved on your deal by using his 7 minute secrets! hahaha

Or you can use a service that just charges a flat fee like $595 and don’t have to lift a finger. hahaha

Can you really put a price on advice like this???

-Whose motorcycle is this?
-It’s a chopper, baby.

-Whose chopper is this?
-It’s Zed’s.

-Who’s Zed?
-Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.

2 Likes

If I choose “Latest” can I go back to that instead of defaulting to “Categories” every single time?

All you got it wrong- it’s

“Seven. Minute. EHY-Aaaabs”

And yes- Thank you @michael and team for building this beautiful and unique forum for us. Happy Holidays and New Year! Wish you, your team and its users the very best. 2017 here we come!

Edit:
Forgot to provide my 2 cents.

Perhaps archiving the forum part itself like the front page of the website. Have each month in its own tab. That way- if someone posts a new comment from way back when- it won’t show up as the latest. Cheers!

1 Like

Good job (20 chars) …

Yes “Latest” was our previous default homepage.

Can we pin/sticky a certain format for people to share deals?

MSRP:
Selling Price:
Rebates:(lease credit) (College grad) (BMWCCA)
Net cap cost:
Months/ Miles/ Residual:
MF: with # of MSDs
Due on signing: Total Amount (Breakdown MSD, registration,doc fee, tax on cap cost reduction. $0 down?
Payment: Payment pre-tax, Payment with tax.

4 Likes