LEASED 2018 Maserati Ghibli S

That’s an old-er model I believe. One of his best reviews.

Oh, couldn’t remember the model year but remember loving that review. Doug is the man!

I think it is time to stop linking to Doug’s review. It’s funny but not really applicable. Over the years the Ghibli has improved. All the “missing” nanny features are now available, the interior and infotainment system is new and very good, and his biggest complaint is the price, which he repeats like 1000 times, but as we all know, it is not an $85,000 car. Only suckers pay that. It is really a $68,000 car that leases for under $700. So, really, the Ghibli is a bargain.

5 Likes

This 1000x it’s a 56k-68k well equipped car to fight a BMW 5 or E class. Maserati just adds the “exotic tax” to people gullible enough to pay $1,000 a month for a Ghibli lease to say they are driving a Maserati.*

*Disclaimer former 2017 Ghibli owner…

1 Like

I am brand new to this site and am happy to have stumbled onto it. I am in the market for a Ghibli and am very interested in possibly going thru a broker. Any advice on where to start would be great. I plan on reading up on the forum but thought I would throw this out. Appreciate any help!

@Benedetto is a great broker and he is who I’m using to find my Ghibli. Contact him.

Excellent. I will reach out.

nice. not a day goes by when i didn’t wish I went with Maserati instead of Mercedes (well, except for the day my payment is deducted).

I see this as $17k off MSRP when you factor in the lease payoff. That is better than the 14k discount that many dealers offer, but a bit below the $20k that some reported a year ago. Of course, you would have to come to California, and incur transport costs…

Can you guys tell me how this deal looks? No where close to what the original poster got for their car.

Not sure. It hurt my neck to look at it. But it looks awful.

Compare to these advertised numbers.

1 Like

Looks like you only got about 5K off. Ouch

Is this a serious question?

How about this deal?

Thanks for the feedback

Hey guys, what do you think of this deal on a 2018 Ghibli S Nerissimo package.

MSRP 84445
Discount 12,000
Sale Price 72,445
CAP Cost 72,445
Residual 0.55
MF 0.00018
monthly 743.6293217
w/ 8.25 tax 804.9787407

Lease inception fees and first month upfront - $1850

Where are you getting this deal at

Anaheim Hills and Beverly Hills have a similar deal. 8.25 tax rate for me btw.

What do you think? Pull the trigger?

Oh and they will pay off the last 2 months of my current lease. So another 1200 in my favor.

Not good. Ghibli’s should go for about 20% off MSRP. They should lease well below the 1% rule. They are a relative bargain in that respect. Last May I leased an 85K MSRP SQ4 for $714 with tax, less than $700 before tax. You should not be in the $900’s unless you are leasing a Quattroporte.

2 Likes

Not bad, but you could probably get a bigger discount. I bet you could do a lot better if you just picked out a basic black one. I bet you are paying an inordinate amount for the “Nerissimo” package.

Just get basic black and dip? Actually, my Ghibli is black with the black interior and the red stitching. It is basically a Nerissimo without the blacked out wheels and chrome. I personally think the black ones looks better with the splashes of chrome. MSRP 85k, sales price 68k.

I have been told you can get 20% when purchasing but standard lease discount is the 13% I was getting in my deal.

My dealer came back with $899 a month down from the $908 posted. This is for a SQ4 AWD.

Is that still too high for an $87k MSRP car?