Lease under $125 a month 0 Down?

with GM supplier pricing and Costco likely to come back, you might have a chance on lower $100s car like the Buick Encore. That should happen by November based on past experience and will require you to have a Costco membership. No guarantee but that’s likely going to be the case if you can wait.

5 Likes

And where did I say that people who responded above are car dealers?

This sure alludes to the fact that you referred to everyone that posted as a car salesman. If you’re not referring to them, why would you even mention them? They are irrelevant in this thread since no car salesman replied.

5 Likes

I think the bigger question is what would happen if a dealer offered you a loaner at $125/mo? Would that be acceptable?

1 Like

Like @305Hackr said you might have a shot at something in the 100s with Buick, maybe a Chevy Cruz but as others mentioned, $0 down and >$125 is going to take the stars aligning on incentives, a willing dealer and being at the right place at the right time.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

C’mon dude…you’ve been around long enough to know loaners are useless junk that 45,000 people farted in going 3,700 miles doing neutral drops, constant 0-100 wide open throttle at every stop light + curb jumps at every chance they get. :joy:

6 Likes

Keep an eye on Kia, particularly Quirk Kia outside Boston.

Current Forte lease is $149, but I’m almost positive they were at $129 last month. They also seem to have used car leasing programs (probably thru a local bank) that would fit your window, if that’s an option.

1 Like

Quirk does bait and switch IIRC so there isn’t much point in looking at what they offer.

3 Likes

You are going to need some kind of loyalty or competitor offer to stack with a big discount and hefty incentives. A GM card with at least $1,000 of points on it would also help, obviously. Stack that with the Executive $700 Costco gift card and you possibly can do it when/if the GM Costco Holiday deal begins. It will either be a Trax, Cruze, or Encore that will be the lowest payment. Possibly Equinox/Terrain. I have done these deals for 3 years now with GM and can help you with them, other vehicles I don’t know much about.

Those offers all require 3995 due at signing, with 2995 of it being cap cost reduction, and they all require every possible incentive (I’m sure some of them can’t even be stacked), so none of their advertised offers would even get the OP close to his target. And yes, Quirk is known for being a terrible bait and switch company.

I agree with Kia might get you close to the target of 125, but I’d stay very far away from Quirk. They’ll waste your time, tell you the car you want is there, then when you show up tell you its sold and try to sell you a different one for a significantly different price.

1 Like

I have a Jetta S Manual. True $0 down (if you have VW Loyalty) $165 per month. 36 months. 7500k per year.

2 Likes

Sorry for off-topic, but is there a limit of how many points you can apply towards your next vehicle?
If I have $5,000 worth of points on my BuyPower card, can I apply it all towards ANY GM vehicle lease/purchase?

Quirk is certainly slippery, but I’ve leased 4 cars from them over the past 8 years; 2 being advertised cars. No real issues outside of delivery problems. YMMV, but if you’re going for an extreme low cost lease like OPs request, I wouldn’t take any dealer off the table just from reputation alone.

1 Like

BuyPower card has no redemption limits. Apply 15k in points if you have it.

1 Like

I have the old GM Copper card with limits per vehicle, but the trade off is I earn 5% all the time on each purchase.

Is it counted as a taxed incentive or just additional discount off sale price?

In VA, it is a discount. Not sure about other states.

1 Like

Loaner is a used car. Neither good nor bad, just stating a fact, loaner is a used car. Loaners are driven by unknown number of drivers , like a rental cars. If you Google “loaner cars” lots of articles will pop up, that will cite the advantages of loaner car (cheaper than new, qualifies for rebates, incentives and financing as new, gets extra fleet rebates from manufacturer to motivate dealers to use some of their cars as loaners etc.).

P.S. Give me a car, I don’t care how great and well made, and two hours on a race track and I will make a clunker of it.

In California, GM card rebate credits get taxed (sales tax) at time of purchase. Just like all the other rebates do. The only thing that isn’t taxed is a dealer price reduction.

1 Like