Lease Eval Request for 2018 Chevy Volt LT

The Supplier discount is something that the companies have worked out with chevy and it gets the dealership money back. TrueCar price means nothing really, just marketing. It shows what people have paid in the past but also dealers can edit the online prices and basically set the “truecar” price. it’s not a discount or anything.

Also “supplier price” is an actual price listed on the invoice. most dealers that’s all you’ll get. it’s about 2k off msrp, so if you really went with supplier price your lease payment would be high on a Volt. It would be good on a Truck or Corvette, but Volts are sold way below cost already. So what I do is discount the vehicle the amount the dealership gets back from Chevy. which makes it the same deal for management. It’s diffent on each car and I work it out and then I know what discount I can do. that’s something I do specially and negotiated with our managers.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
PhilGileno@gmail.com

lmao @DownSouthSalesLady @chevysalesgirl

1 Like

@Irongunner, we negotiated the price without wear care first. Then added it for an additional ~10.50/mo.

No worries at all! At the time I posted I hadn’t purchased. I should have posted days before not hours before, but in the end it was a time investment vs money call and these days time is worth more. lol. Plus I love the car, so it’s all good. Thanks again for the info.

They all say that to me each time I reject it, and I always reply “there’s a first time for everything” when they do. It’s an insurance policy, nothing more, nothing less. I’ve never gotten 3 years out of a set of lease tires (and I rotate, align and ensure good pressure religiously), so I have to buy them before turning the car in anyways, unless I want to risk driving in snow on bald tires or failing the final state inspection. Roads out east aren’t as great as out West.

To this point, after leasing cars for 20 years, I have yet to have had a need for using it had I bought it. Therefore, I’m ahead if I should have to pay out of pocket for a wheel or a bump or bruise before returning the car.

The finance guys always try to add on costs, I tell the salesman and the finance guy please don’t try, but they still do. In reflection I bought a car two years earlier from the same finance guy and said no.
I returned my leased volt 3 months early with 44,500 miles on it I had a 45,000 lease and had a pre inspection for free in which it said I had 225.00 in damage. GM said they have a 500.00 forgiveness on damages if u lease another one. So I just returned it early instead of replacing tires. So far not all paperwork is completed on return, but I would say it’s better to lease from GM Finance then a third party.

The red color is a beauty don’t u agree?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m not sure how you drive that every car you’ve ever driven has needed the tires replaced after 30-45k miles. The tires that come with the volt have a tread warranty of 65k miles.

You’ve obviously never driven in the North East.