Kia sorento lease

I’m looking for help. My wife and I both have kia/hyundai leases up in December. We are looking at a kia sorento sx as her replacement lease. I’m wondering if we should bite at any “black friday” deals or wait closer to the end of December.

Incentives for the sorento are currently $6,730 on a 36 month 12k lease. MSRP is $42,000 and dealer has it marked down to $39,000. Tax title and such adds roughly $2000. The last I checked mf was .00198. I’m willing to do $2000 down.

My goal is $36,000 before incentives. This should put the payment around $325/month.

Is this too far out of reach?

These incentives seem to be really good. Although they were the same in October. Traditionally, are better deals to come in december?

Do we have any leverage looking to complete 2 lease deals with the same dealership?

The cash on these leases is high because the residuals are terrible and so are the MF’s, you might want to broaden your horizons. You need to look at all the pieces. Look on this forum at what’s popular, no kia’s. And sales events are :ox: :poop:

2 Likes

I have also been looking at a traverse for her and equinox for me. I just like that kia dealers are very open with their pricing and incentives. I cannot find this with others.

Is there leverage getting 2 leases at the same dealership or not so much?

You must have the best Kia dealer in the country near you, as there aren’t a lot of kind words here about Kia dealers. Kia and Honda deals are extremely rare as they tend not to want to lease competitively.

It depends what features you’re looking for, what state you’re in, how eager you are to find the best vehicle at a good price. If you really like the Kia Sorrento go for it, it sounds like you already know the numbers. Targeting 10% discount plus incentives, base MF, should get you to decent numbers.

Have a look in the broker area of the forum and maybe speak to one in your area. They’ll be able to tell you if they can get you into a nicer car for the same money, or lower your payments.

Where are you that Kia dealers are open and honest with their pricing? That’s a new one to me… And I leased a Stinger.

Equinox leases fairly well, traverse not so much

Is there more to this than they are showing? Calling the dealer they will give me the mp and anything else I have asked. Maybe I’m not asking for the right information?

Is that just the calculator from the Kia website? I would use cargurus.com, find the vehicle you’re looking for that has been on the lot for a few months and start emailing them for quotes. Specify what kind of deal you want, i.e. I’m looking for a 10% discount off MSRP, plus incentives, with a lease term of x months with y miles etc.

Have you plugged all the numbers into the leasehackr calculator to see what kind of monthly you’d arrive at?

Regarding the question of getting 2 vehicles, it does help getting 2 vehicles at once as you have a stronger bargaining hand. The downside is you need to know which 2 vehicles from the same dealer you’re targeting before you start negotiating.

3 Likes

Yeah kia and fca dealers are very transparent

1 Like

Brian,

How are you getting to $6.7k in incentives? All I see on Kia’s site is $3k plus $400 military discount if you qualify. I too am looking into the Sorento but might opt for the Toyota Highlander as it seems to lease a bit better from what I’ve seen.

I’m in Ohio. Maybe it regional? I made an offer. Let’s see what happens.

Vehicle Price

MSRP
$41,780.00
Selling Price
$36,348.60
Incentives Applied
$6,730.00
Final Price
$29,618.60

Trade-In

Trade-In Value
$500.00
Amount Applied to Offer
$500.00

Cash Due

Capitalized Cost Reduction
$8,068.05
First Month Payment
$333.72
Total Due at Signing
$9,229.99
Total Cash Out of Pocket
$3,283.95
Upfront Taxes & Fees
$1,283.96
Down Payment (Cap Cost Reduction)
$1,999.99

Taxes & Fees

Upfront Taxes
$1,283.96
Capped Taxes
$756.24
Acquisition Fee
$650.00
Title Fee
$16.00
Registration Fee
$34.50
Documentation Fee
$250.00

Payment Breakdown

Credit Score
Excellent
Lease Term
36 Months
Annual Mileage
12,000 miles
Total Taxes & Fees
$2,234.46

Just leased the sxl was gunning for 1 % of msrr 45k got it 0 out of pocket 473 12k 36 months

Kia and hyundai dealers in my area are a bunch of crooks. Although i got a santa fe ultimate at a very good price years ago, it felt like playing poker with the dealers for weeks.

I went as far as entering an Ohio zip code on the Kia website and still couldn’t find where the rebate $$ is coming from. Oh well, let us know how it pans out. I’m not having much luck in NY.

Hello. May I request your dealer info through PM? Thank you so much.

how much did you get your Stinger for? I am looking for a Stinger GT1/GT2 soon.

Ugh, too much. Final selling price was 35k for my yellow GT. 495 a month for 48 mo/10k a year. An absolutely horrible deal, but I wanted lower payments regardless of what it would have done to me long term. I was naive.

The car is not worth leasing, lease it and then buy it out to advantage of the lease cash.

oh… when did you get the lease? was it recently?

Yeah, I heard people doing the lease -> buy deal for the incentives.
However, not sure if I will get lower APR with another bank or maybe I can find a 2018 used.

Used pricing is still a little high, I think for the car. It’s better to wait.

Current lease interest rates are over 5 percent for kia. I would be surprised if you can’t find a bank who can’t do better.