Just put a deposit down. Signing today. 2019 SQ5, P+ 4900 DAS + 550/mo

lets say you put first payment and reg fee upfront, call it $900. That means your doing $4000 upfront to lower your payment which is effectively another ~$100/mo. So your effective payment is really somewhere in the $650/mo range with MSDs. Doesn’t sound that great to me.

It’s effective $660 on a $62k Audi, 12k miles, including AudiCare, on an SQ5 in the most popular color combo.

A 1.07% deal. How’s that not good, especially on an Audi which we all know “don’t lease well”

2 Likes

$660/mo all in with MSD’s. the $4000 upfront includes 899 audicare, tax all upfront, $895 acq, doc fee. 0 cap cost reduction.

youre putting over $10k out of pocket. I wouldn’t do it, but it’s not my $.

this is why

But how ever it’d be structured, it’s a 1% deal. If you don’t agree with the structure (DAS, MSDs, whatever,) that’s a valid point. But the deal itself remains very solid.

How do you define a good SQ5 at 12k miles? .5%?

And as I mentioned in that very thread, that deal cannot and should not be a baseline. I mean come on. Talk about a unicorn… everyone here complains how every user demands a unicorn, and then when someone posts a respectable deal (a 1% Audi for Heaven’s sake), you whip out the unicorn.

1 Like

I dont know enough about a current SQ5 lease to be speaking intelligently, i’ve leased an Audi recently sub 1% (was an A4 but still) with just first payment, no MSDs etc. I’ve seen some Q5 leases here recently that are pretty good so obviously there program is good right now. Would I part with $10k+ on any lease? absolutely not, but it’s not up to me, if OP likes the deal that’s what matters.

There is no “but still” A4s are a diff story. Much more lease cash, and dealers have 20-50+ on the lot. I’ve also done sub 1% A4s. Big whoop. Dealers carry an avg of 5-15ish SQ5s and there is less lease cash. No comparison, not to mention that Quantum gray on Red in one of the most popular color combos. Dealers I spoke to laughed when I asked for more that 8 or 9% off saying they sell these at invoice.

And again, you’re cherry picking other great deals that this one easily stacks up with. No need to condescend OP that if he likes that deal thats all that matters…

how is it condescending that I let OP decide if he likes the deal or not?

I agree, dig’s deal is definitely better. I’ve taken that into consideration given he had loyalty, higher discount that wouldn’t be available to me and also put in MSDs. If I could’ve gotten that price, i’d have obviously gone for it, but having talked to 10+ dealers all over the US i’m satisfied with this one.

1 Like

Bc we aren’t here to have users post deals and then decide on their own if they like it. They post deals for relevant, informed feedback

that’s true, we are “here”

1 Like

Very good. My point is now null. I concede.

1 Like

This is a solid deal. It’s about the best I can do through my contacts on the east coast without loyalty right now. I do think mine was a unicorn or close to it.

Peter has my blessing on this one!

Enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you’d roll the reg into the cap but not the acquisition? The calc input is super confusing so it’s hard to follow the specifics. How much of the DAS is tax?

Good work man! Congrats! Now put some decent coilovers on your Brz!

Reg was rolled in at the start and I frankly just didn’t care enough to move it to DAS, I wanted to pay all the fees upfront and the $200 is just semantics where it goes - cap or upfront. DAS in tax is ~2,450, which I’m planning to file an amended state sales tax return to get it down to the $1800 or so i calculated. I think they’re taxing something additional by accident, but they couldn’t figure it out in like 3 days, and an Audi dealer in Chicago confirmed the amounts, so either it’s right and for some reason high, or I’ll get a refund for that tax within a couple months. I’m pretty sure they’re taxing the MSD’s in their calc.

@Mike_Yu BRZ is going up for sale shortly. LMK if you’re interested :smiley:

haha, thanks.sold mine last year, and probably not going back to the platform ever again. maybe picking up a s2000 later this year…

1 Like

The wife loves s2ks. I could see one in our future once we move to a house