Is this a good deal on Passat and or Jetta 2017 Deal from Chicago

No one is giving me exact numbers and I personally can’t believe Volkswagen is doing nothing for customers especially since they have a October 18th court date for the TDI customers (leasing a very expensive TDI) no incentives for customers returning the TDI. Main reason why I am looking for leases now since I will be returning my car.

Thanks you for the inquiry on the 2017 Passat R-Line and Jetta SE. We have several available of both models. Below is our price quote for each reflective of October incentives.
2017 4dr Passat R-Line with Comfort 6-spd Auto
Factory installed Optional Equipment: All Weather Mat Kit, Lip Spoiler, First Aid Kit,
REF# 96411
MSRP: $25,440
Autobarn Price: $21,990 plus tax, title, license and doc fees. Price quote valid thru 10/10/2016

2017 4dr Jetta SE 6-spd Auto
Factory installed Optional Equipment: All Weather Mat Kit, First Aid Kit,
REF# 96411/b
MSRP: $23,085
Autobarn Price: $20,100 plus tax, title, license and doc fees. Price quote valid thru 10/10/2016
Pricing reflects cash-in-full purchase or financing at aggressive standard rates. Please note; we work with over 25 lenders and are confident we can match or beat rates from other lenders.

Those are decent discounts for 2017 models that are just hitting dealerships. You can get much greater discounts on 2016 models.

As I understand it, VW has offered tons of incentives, cash, and gift certificates to TDI owners, even before the settlement. Does none of it apply to leasees?

Incentives they have given 500 Visa Card, and 500 Dealership card as a apology. As far as leases go they will give you a certain amount back. They should have special incentives to keep people from taking the money and running. Do you know of any 2016 deals and from what I have found its only a few dollar differences when it comes to leasing they still want 1999, or 2500 down

Here are some deals that were had on 2016 Jettas over the summer:

I think the biggest issue here is the 0 down 0 due 0 Security deposit since volkswagen is not doing that still not understanding why because it would make sense for them to do that now since everyone who has a TDI or 80% according to reports are returning them are going to need a car this would have sweetened the deal most of these deals look like they are surrounded by that. Wish they had that going right now would make this much easier for me.Since they dont they all want 2k+ down plus tax and fee’s no major incentives

There is no security deposit as long as your credit is fine, and there is no rule that says you MUST put some cash down.

Every car dealer will quote with a down payment unless you specifically tell them you will be putting zero down or zero due at signing.

When I was shopping around for my Jetta, I made sure to tell them the payment I was looking for and that it would be for 36/10k with zero down. All I ended up paying upfront was the first month and the registration fee.

That’s not true.
I leased my 2016 Jetta S during Memorial day in 2016 - I was “sign and drive” deal. Even though there was no ad. But dealership had no problem working it out that way. So I’m paying 35 payments.

I’ve posted details on my deal awhile ago.

LVS23 you must have gotten really lucky because every dealer I am contacting will not give me Sign and Drive event pricing they all want money upfront and I have contacted a few in the chicagoland area. :disappointed_relieved:

But it is not an event.
It’s just a simple math - all they have to do is to roll everything into the lease.
That’s puzzling why wouldn’t they do it.

Is it possible to reach outside of the chichagoland area? Widen your search?

I tried but got lucky with the dealership in my own town.

Unless - and here I’m gonna go on the limb and start theorize - VW has really really bad sales. So they need to have some cash in now rather then later. Thus refuse to any sign and drive deal. Only to get cash in on the books now. Could be total false though.

Are you specifically asking for quotes for zero due at signing? Don’t ask for quotes without specifying that part, and don’t call it a “sign and drive special event” because that’s not what it is.

Specifically asking for 0 down they want 2-3k down depending on trim level

This just came in the autobahn in chicago they want to make a deal today

Money Factor Jetta 00010
Money Factor Passat 000015

2017 4dr Passat R-Line with Comfort 6-spd Auto
Factory installed Optional Equipment: All Weather Mat Kit, Lip Spoiler, First Aid Kit,
REF# 96411
MSRP: $25,440
Autobarn Price: $21,990 plus tax, title, license and doc fees. Price quote valid thru 10/10/2016

2017 4dr Jetta SE 6-spd Auto
Factory installed Optional Equipment: All Weather Mat Kit, First Aid Kit,
REF# 96411/b
MSRP: $23,085
Autobarn Price: $20,100 plus tax, title, license and doc fees. Price quote valid thru 10/10/2016

But that still just a sales price.
What do they ask/offer along side this sale price?

Btw, today is only mid months, so I think whatever the deal is it can be true till the end of the month. Don’t need to rush.

My dealership kept deal alive for two months. That’s how much they wanted to sell. There is gotta be one around desperate like that. VW aren’t selling like hot cake.

This is what I am getting just want to make sure I do this correct also they haven’t provided the residual? So I am using whatever is in the calculator tool.

Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $210
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $229
Drive Off: $716
First month’s payment incl. tax: $229
Down payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $480
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $7
Leasehackr Score: 10.1 years
Disposition Fee: $350
Total Lease Cost: $8,673

Do I just ask what are you guys ask/offer along the side of the sale price sorry complete noob. I want to make sure I come back with something strong for them to make a deal

I was looking to see details you just posted. Now it is easier to evaluate.
Plus - I’d shoot this quote to other VW dealerships in the area and ask them if they can beat it.

Is the $229 payment on the 2017 4dr Passat R-Line with Comfort 6-spd Auto?

Correct when I used the tool I based it off the 2017 4dr Passat R-Line with comfort 6-spd Auto

Sounds like a good offer on their part with 54% residual off MSRP and 13.5% discount on the sale price.

But - don’t rush. If they need to make the sale they still do the same offer if you come back at the end of the month. Well, unless you NEED the car today. Remember, time is on your side.

Second, I would shoot this offer to other dealerships around (even across state line) where you can reach and ask if they can beat it.
If no one can then you know you got close to the bottom of the barrel.

Honestly you guys have saved me so much money LEGIT thank you guys!! I am reaching out to 10+ dealerships and it looks like that deal is pretty decent I had one dealership say they can maybe beat it by 400-600.00 dollars but that car would be selling at loss ( I dont care if its a loss to dealer) but I do have one dealership saying they will take additional 400-600 off the selling price to earn my buisness

That’s exactly what you want - them competing to earn your business.
Those who want it the most will answer additional questions.

Btw, that it a good discount on 2017 as I see there are still many 2016 Passat R-Line on the lots.

And you are right - “the car will be at a loss” - is just a phase without any bearing to reality. If they didn’t want to do the deal they would not have offered.

Oh! One more thing - how many miles comes with this lease???