Is this a good deal for Jeep Compass?

I am copying and pasting entire deal as it is?
I tried to plug in available information to calculator but got nowhere. May be I need to learn more.
Difficult to figure out money factor and few other things but I think eventually I should be able to.
In the interim I need your help.

Offer Details

New 2018 JeepCompass Latitude 4x4

$89 Lease for24 months

4 DR, 2.4L 4 Cyl., automatic, p/steer/ABS/windows/locks, a/c, proximity key, remote keyless entry, AND MORE. MSRP: $30,520. VIN/stk #JT222375. $5995 down + $89 1st mo pmt + $498 doc fee + $595 bank fee + $0 sec dep. = $7177 due at signing. Total pymts/residual $2136/$18,312. Must qualify for tier 1 credit 740+. Not applicable with any additional offers. See dealer for complete details. Prices incl. all costs to be paid by consumer except for lic., reg. & taxes. Allow: 10k mi./yr. 25¢ mi. Offers cannot be combined with any other offers or incentives. Based on closed end lease. Lessee resp. for excess wear/tear. Customers must meet all rebate qualifications. All ad vehicles sold cosmetically as is. Photos are for display purposes only. Not responsible for typographical errors or equipment errors. Offer expires 9/4/18

I feel downpayment is way to much and total due including down payment is 7177 but even after that if deal is exceptionally good I am willing to go for it.

Let me know friends.

Thanks

1 Like

Works out to $9200 for total cost of 24 month lease, or $388 per month. With that finance setup you might as well do a 1-pay lease (i.e. you pay everything up front) and save more money.

Need to find more info about the vehicle, what is the sale price? Also with Jeep they can use multiple banks for leasing, who is it with? They’re probably rolling incentives in which you don’t qualify for.

1 Like

For $9300, you can get a $50k Alfa Stelvio, so, no, not seeing the value here. If you want a Jeep, get a Grand Cherokee for $80 less per month than that Compass.

What state are you in?

2 Likes

Also, see Trophy Garage [ Photos ] for a deal on a similar spec vehicle

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply.
I am in New Jersey.

Check Honcker. Good Jeep deals in NJ on there.

2 Likes

@ajgraham, thanks for Trophy Garage info. That is insane deal. I will try to see if I can talk to dealer about that kind of deal. Effective payment of total 5532 over 3 year period with calculator score of more than 16 years. That is great. Wow.

1 Like

Just keep in mind the one in the ad you posted is $5k higher msrp than the one in the trophy garage.

And whatever you do, dont show dealer the LH trophy garage :joy:

1 Like

Yes…I noticed that. I am wondering if there’s any specific way to bring down msrp? I am planning to email the dealer and ask for best possible deal and my desired monthly payment and see what he comes up with…

You can’t bring down MSRP. That stands for manufacturers suggested retail price. You can bring down SELLING price and/or choose a vehicle with a lower MSRP.

2 Likes

I was just in the market for jeeps in NJ and got 2 Grand Cherokees recently. Got great deals

Very good …congratulations.
I got quote for compass 2018
Which is 226.12 for 27 months and 2553 down.
Not very sweet as some others.
I countered back with request for a better deal.
Let’s see.
Thx for your input.

The deal I m offered is as follows:
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4

Desired Vehicle MSRP: $25,390.00

Lease Term: 27

Lease Miles: 12,000 per year

Rebates & Incentives Applied: $6,000

Lease Payment Breakdown

Payment: $212.07

Monthly Tax: $14.05 at 6.625% tax rate

Total Monthly Payment: $226.12

Due at Signing Breakdown

First Month Payment: $226.12

1st Year Estimated Registration: $242

Documentation Fee may vary: $399.00

Capital Reduction Down: $0

Bank Acquisition fee: $695

Tax on rebates and cap reduction: $397.50

Service Fee: $595.00

Total Due at Signing: $2,553.04

You don’t simply request a better deal. The dealer has little incentive to do much for you.

If you want a great deal, you have to control the deal. You have to know exactly how much of a dealer discount you’re looking for, and directly ask for it. You have to know the appropriate residual value, money factor, and everything else. You ask them for the dealer discount before incentives, and they either take it or leave it. And because you’ve already entered all the appropriate numbers in a lease calculator, and you know all the incentives you qualify for, you know exactly what the final figures will be if they say yes to your request for the dealer discount.

There is no $399 doc fee or $595 acquisition fee required. That’s $994 right there that needs to come off the deal now.

My deal is going to be hard to replicate because the dealer discount was extraordinary. But it can be done, and I’m hoping someone here can even beat the deal I negotiated because the Altitude trim has a higher RV (.55 RV) than the Latitude model I leased (.54 RV). I wanted a specific color combination that was only available as a Latitude model.

1 Like

Pearls of wisdom here…
This is my 2nd -3rd day in the forum and learning lot. Already got better lease offer than the original one I posted. Thanks Wimbledon for great advice. Hopefully eventually I ll learn and know enough to negotiate like you guys.

Thanks so much…

Not sure why you say there is no acquisition fee required. That is charged by the lender and can’t be waived by the dealer. If you’ve ever seen it taken off, I’d bet they simply hid it elsewhere (like in the selling price).

The $595 that does appear to be BS in your deal, Sid, is the “service fee.”

1 Like

595 is the service fee by dslleasing dot com
they sent me this deal.

its better than one I previously found but not the best. Other locsl dealer acknowledged today by phone but today being holiday the regular guy will call/email me tomorrow.

1 Like

If you are going to pay a fee, hire a broker from this site. Cheaper than $595 and would get you a better deal than that, I’m sure.

1 Like

well, I did not know they charge this much. I actually opted for their zero fee but when they sent me the deal it had service fee listed.

I think I ll continue to educate myself here.

My first 3 cars I purchased. first one was 2nd hand camry, which was good. when it retired I bought a minivan sienna for zero down and mercedez few years later but lease provides better option of driving different car every 2-3 years which is now my goal.

And it hurts to see my mb e350 went downhill in value just after 3 years and I paid so much for it.

If you’re not in a rush for the vehicle then take it slowly, read up here, research the market for the vehicle, compare to other vehicles you like. That way you learn some useful skills for the future as well.

If you’re in more of a rush then brokers here are much better than most of the companies out there, you can read their reviews and discuss your requirements.