Is the pull ahead offer worth it if I’m under the mileage?

I have a 2016 Volvo S60 Inscription Premier FWD Drive-E. It’s a 36 month 12k mileage lease that ends September 1. I pay $306/month.

Currently there are 23,000 miles on it. I just received a Volvo manufacturer deal that is offering to pay my remaining 7 payments ($2,142 total). The residual was 47% with a 42,575 MSRP. The cap cost was $31,000. .00001 MF.

It’s my first time turning in a lease, so I want to know if I should turn it in early with this offer or wait it out? If I lease with Volvo again, I’ll look at getting the 2019 S60 or S90. If I put 0 down, what a good price if I turn in my lease now? Thanks!

This is exactly my car lol
I’d wait if I where you and possibly even extend your lease until December to get a better deal on S60. Or you can score a good deal on a 18 S90 now.

Nice! I definitely would want the new model. So, you’re saying the deal on the next car is more important than the deal a pull ahead gives you?

Also, what if I want to look at other brands, does turning in now or waiting matter?

Pull-ahead gives you nothing but flexibility if you are content with your current car and do not have something that you want to jump on immediately. You can just monitor S60 deals and incentives through September and do pull-ahead as soon as you find your deal. @AP919 is in the same situation.

You can only do pull-ahead with another Volvo lease/purchase.

1 Like

I agree; why jump if you don’t know what you want? Also, of course the deal on the next car is more important than the pull-ahead. Who cares if they give you 3 months, 6 months, whatever, if your new payment is unrealistic or much more than it should be?

You’re paying $306 now, and they give you a 7-month pull-ahead, but because there are no incentives and not really any deals right now, your new payment would be $500 or $600. It makes no difference that they waived the remainder of your next lease if you get hosed on the payment.

Sidenote, @Ursus – I saw the 2019 S60 “in the wild” yesterday! The biggest mall near me (“near” is the one that is a mile away versus 2 blocks, haha) has been hooked up with one of the local big Volvo dealers for a few months, and now it’s even more. There’s advertising in the mall, the garage elevator doors have Volvo ads on the outside, they have salespeople and an XC40 and an XC60 inside, plus they new have a few models right by the door so that you can test drive them at the mall, rather than going to the dealership!

They had an AWD Inscription there yesterday. This one had almost every option - advanced package, leather package, 19" wheels, metallic paint, appearance, and a few other things – $56,000. It was pebble grey and looked pretty nice!

I test drove a loaded T6 Inscription with the same sticker, but would stick to a $45k T5 Inscription.
For some reason there are 0 with amber or brown interior and no cars in Pine Grey yet. But there are tons with stupid blond interior.

How did it drive??

Like a Volvo lol

Ahhh same shitty ride i guess lol…

I like it. Comfortable and I don’t race.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I wasn’t sure if they’d discount my new lease monthly payments if I turned in my car early. If the pull ahead only allows me to lease another early, it’s not worth it. Thought there was more of an incentive than that.

I hate how they make you go up to a T6 to get AWD, and I really don’t have a choice on needing that. I know you’re further south, but it’s not just the snow for me. It’s also the terrain, which especially during that storm in November when it took 8 hours to get home, would have been even more of an issue going up and down 45 degree inclines without AWD, because I wouldn’t have had the power to do it properly!

I’ve seen some with maroon listed at the dealer I bought my current s60 from, but I agree, blonde is AWFUL. Anything that light picks up color transfer from clothes and every bit of dirt. I didn’t want the charcoal this time, but it was what was available, and it’s not too bad with a white car. However, I don’t want it again. Amber would be my 2nd choice.