Internet Pricing Email Template Help

Hello, I am trying to get a quote on an Audi SQ5 for myself and I’d like to find the best deal obviously. I know that usually Fleet or Internet managers can offer the best pricing. But sometimes when I call to speak to the internet manager they give me some retail sales guy that gives me the run around and I just don’t want to deal with that. Is there a better way? I was going to write an email template to send into the places that have the car I want near me. Does anyone have a good template I could use or modify?

I took a first pass at writing my own if someone would rather just critique mine and help me make changes. That would be great.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request a quote for the 2019 Audi SQ5 (Stock # XXXXX) in Navarra Blue with Black Interior you have listed on your website. I have already test driven a 2019 Audi SQ5 and am looking for a very specific set of options/package: Navarra Blue, Black Interior, Premium Plus, B&O System, Black Optic (Preferred).

Regarding my finances:
I would like the term to be 36 months and 12,000 miles per year
My credit is top tier, between (above 800 FICO Auto)
I am prepared to put down the maximum (10) number of Security Deposits) to reduce the Money Factor from .00166 to .00116 (as of January 2019)
I am prepared to pay the $999 for Audi care to raise the residual from 59% to 60% (as of January 2019)
I would like to have your $1500 dealer allowance applied, in addition to your dealer discount off the top.
I would only like to pay minimum drive offs. (First month + $0 down payment + Registration Fees + Doc Fees + Tax on cap cost reduction and fees)
I am located in zip 95111 (9,25% tax)

Can you please send me a dealer disclosure sheet outlining the very best deal that you can do and I will call and leave a deposit and can come pick up the car this weekend. I also am local so I plan on servicing the car at your dealership.

Thank you

I am hoping this will show that I’ve done my homework and they shouldn’t give me the run around. Do you guys have any tips? I am getting VERY different numbers from the Leasehacker calculator than dealers are quoting me and I’m not sure why.

Any help is appreciated. This is my last option before going the route of a broker.

2 Likes

Looks good to me. I would also mention - I am ready to write a stellar review for your dealership if my experience will be such…

This appears to be incorrect.

Seems way too long to me. I’d just state the stock number for what you want, ask for a sales price before any incentives and state you want to do MSDs.

11 Likes

Jon is right. It might be too long for first, but OK for second contact to avoid BSiting

Your template is good, but I think it’s a little verbose. Think of this task more as technical writing. Don’t use fifty words if five will do. Here’s mine:

Hello John,

I am interested in what you can show me for a 36 month, 7.5k mile lease on stock number 104538. If you don’t mind, can you please provide the following, based on only first month’s payment down (all fees and taxes rolled into payment):

MSRP: $58,845

Dealer Discount:

Sales Price:

RV:

MF:

Acq Fee:

Doc Fee:

Available Incentives:

I live in 92620, and we have a Mercedes in the house currently. We qualify for fleet discount, either via wife’s job (Johnson & Johnson) or my PenFed CU membership.

How many MSDs can I apply to lower MF, and what will it lower the MF to?

What additional incentives / lease cash are available?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

–Adam

12 Likes

I’m of the same opinion. Keep it short and try and make it so it doesn’t look generic otherwise sales people will more likely ignore it, especially if it’s more than a 100 words.

1 Like

Oops yeah that’s a typo. Meant 60%.

Fair enough, maybe for a second email? I just don’t want them to think they can throw any numbers at me, I wanted to show them I’ve done my research and know what the cars are selling for, what the MF, incentives and residual are.

This isn’t bad, but I was thinking that if I told them I’ve done my research and know what the RV and MF are, they can’t try to pull a fast one on me. Basically I know almost all the numbers minus a couple liek the Doc and Acq fee of the dealership and the final selling price.

Also, side note about being eligible for fleet pricing, does Pen Fed CU work for that? I am actually a member, but I always thought that those “car buying services” like costco deals are beat by the dealer with much more than $1000 off or whatever.

Good point

Agree w/ keeping it more like a bullet point, and I think they’ll know you’re a knowledgable shopper just from you asking about MF, RV, incentives, and MSDs.

1 Like

With MB, Pen Fed is fleet qualifier. It’s $1500 most of time. Depends on other incentives, but yes, it’s legit.

Oh cool, thank you, I’ll keep that in mind. I was getting quotes for well over $1500 off though. Some were $4000-5000 off. I got a quote for 14% off MSRP, but it was on a Q5 :frowning:

Based on my experience with dealers of leasing about 8 cars in the last 4 years, I dont bring up MSDs, and Fleet or conquest, until I get to the rock bottom sale price and base MF. That way they cant back out of the sales price, and the rest is simple math to reduce for MSDs and Fleet, etc…

2 Likes

It’s IN ADDITION not instead of.

Oh nice. Well, thanks for that. So I should be looking for: Final Sales Price Minus Fleet Discount ($1500) minus Dealer Incentives ($1500 market allowance)?

(I am not an audi loyalty member btw)

Can’t speak to Audi. Only know about MB fleet and only enough to be dangerous.

my director and i both read this. i said this sounds like a bad survey customer, and my boss said he wouldn’t respond.
buying a car is like dating… we also have to like someone to discount the car for you. us discounting a car is literally taking money out of our own and family’s pockets. you dont ask your date for her life story and 10 year plan on the Hello. customers hate when salespeople ask for credit to be run first thing but we hate when we’re expected to do a lot of work sending thorough breakdowns so it can be shopped. most sales gets minimal hourly in CA and $200 max per sale.

my suggestion… leases ARE NOT dealer money makers typically (any brand). negotiate your best purchase deal with selling price and rebate broken down. then convert to lease.

@anon92897398 was pretty on the dot. super nice, super professional, asked not demanded.

16 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve ever been described as those things before!:rofl:

To be fair, I nearly always get a quick and nice reply with that template. And I realize I ask for incentives twice, it’s intentional.

1 Like