How to actually calculate a lease offer from a dealer special

The language in the fine print is a bit confusing and I was wondering how do we actually calculate something like this: https://imgur.com/fglADKp

Are these types of lease offers any good? I’ve been negotiating with a dealer and I wanted to know if this offer is any better but I can’t seem to figure out what I’m actually paying with the lease offer above.

To clarify, I’m not actually just paying $169+tax per month with $2,349 total DAS right? In the details it says that the DAS includes first month payment + cap cost reduction + $675 acq fee. Is it safe to assume the cap cost reduction is roughly $2,349 - $675 - $169?

Tax, title, and license should be a constant in your state. The question mark is on dealer fees. So you’d have to reach out to them and ask.

What are the dealer fees? Is that just the document fee or is it something else? My state is CA for reference.

We really need the residual % and money factor to figure this out. That kind of ad special is usually beatable, anyway. In CA, tax is based on the city of the lesse, license is fairly constant across the state, but it’s a percentage of the selling price + a flat amount road repair fee (which varies with price bracket of the car). The only dealer fees in CA should be an $80 documentation fee, an approximate $29 DMV electronic filing fee, and $1.75/tire (either $7 or $8.75) fee.

What city and zip code do you reside in?

1 Like

You can find useful July lease information here:

San Diego, 92110 the tax is 7.75% here. Also thanks for the link.

Okay- don’t know anybody in SoCal. You should assume you can do better than the VW advertised special and figure out what model Passat you want. Get the residual and money factor for that car and we can plug it in the lease calculator.

If you want to compare apples to apples, get quotes on a specific model with $0 down and the number of months and miles/year you want. Look at the payment as a percentage of the MSRP to measure it’s attractiveness.

The quote I got for one had the residual at 50% with MF at 0.00001 for 12k/36months.