How good is this deal? Signed 2018 C300

Hey,
Just signed a 2018 C300, I didn’t have sufficient time to get a better deal as i needed to sign it asap due to preplanned travel.

MSRP : $46,650
Selling Price: 38357
Drive off: $920
Monthly After CA taxes: $405
0 MSD and I forgot to ask for Autopayment discount.

Just wondering how else I could have sweetened this deal, other than taking it to the next dealership.

thanks a lot for your inputs.

-A

How many miles and for how long ?

Seems to be about 18% discount off MSRP, did you have any special discounts ?

10K miles for 36 months. Fleet discount 1750.

Meets the 1% rule so it’s not bad at all. MSDs would have helped take the payment down, but enjoy the car!

@BoardWalkNJ thanks ! Yeah MSD’s would have reduced the monthly by $50.

Auto payment discount is no longer offered. Great deal !

Hey abharith,

Can u mention your location as well?

The reason is that even i am looking to lease a C300 and was wondering if u stay in the SoCal.If yes,i wanted to try out the the same dealers since the dealer.

I think it’s pretty good. Would’ve definitely done MSD if it made it decent different.

NorCal dealership. I am sure SoCal dealers would be able to match this.

Hey Abharith,

Thanks for responding.

I wanted to know if the process i have being asked is correct?

Here is what the dealer is saying:
I would be able to give 8% off from window sticker ( I know i would need to pull it dowm close to what u have got)

I suggest we submit your application to MBF for approval also to see where we stand as all lenders have different policies,I have attached a credit application.

When u got the C300 did u submit the credit application before finalizing on the number?

Thanks,
Mukesh

@mchoudhary I did not submit the credit form until the deal was finalized. Try a different dealership. Otherwise NorCal is not too far !

Keep in mind that any hard inquiries to your credit will lower it, such as… a credit application.

Hi Abarith - can you please share the contact information of the dealership by PM ? I am in NorCal and this is a great deal. Thanks.

What’s the 1% rule??

It’s an unwritten leasing rule that your monthly payment should be 1% or lower than the MSRP of the vehicle to constitute a good lease.

1 Like
1 Like

Meets the 1% rule
Meets the > 15% discount rule
Meet the 0 downpayment rule.
Violates the MSD rule.
So decent deal. 3 out of 4 objectives met = 75% Deal is graded at B.

3 Likes

This is really a genius assessment for BMW/Merc loaner deals…

A loaner should be nowhere near 1%. It’s like signing a player who bats .100