Honda Accord 1.5T Sport 2018 Lease Terms

No, not at all unless they were desperate to make a deal. I’d say you’d be lucky to get it at $280 with zero down. Hondas don’t lease well. I’m looking at a 2019 Camry SE and I’d be lucky to get a lease on it for $275, zero down. But Toyotas lease much better.

I’ve encountered a lot of BS like that. IMO very few salespeople even understand how leasing works. They just type numbers into the magic form and poof.

Is it the sales manager that comes up with numbers to give to the sales rep when you’re waiting in their offices, or do the sales rep tell the manager how much they think they could take you for?

Yes “Honda’s don’t lease well” but the rampant generalizations on this forum are getting out of hand. A more accurate way to say it is that “Honda does not subsidize leasing”. They don’t do lease specific rebates and rarely do they have aggressive MF or RV. In fact RV is usually so conservative that people make money trading in Honda leases. But you can still get killer deals when the stars align with big MSRP discounts and incentives.

$7500 or whatever one pay for a 12/36 on a $40k Clarity and $250/mo on a $34k 1.5T Touring Accord are both killer deals. Same with recent Pilot deals. Again, it comes down to the inputs. They will never give away cars like Infiniti and GM but there are deals to be had if you look on the right places at the right time.

1 Like

Yeah my final lease payment on my 2016 Camry is December 2. I’m thinking of hitting up the dealers the week before xmas. Is that the best time or should I go after xmas?

There’s whole threads on this, vroom, carvana etc

I would shop both November and December. Lease deals change monthly based on availability and incentives offered. What one dealer is willing to offer last week of December, another may not.

There’s really no one answer to this because there are so many factors as to why people get the prices they do. Best advice: Between November and December, shop at multiple dealers and compare price quotes, go with the best one.

The first and most important step is to determine how much you’re willing to spend. Once you get a price to where you are comfortable with, you should take it. Your affordability is what matters most. Be reasonable in your goals, just as you shouldn’t “over-buy” a car, you also should understand how much cars go for and what the market can sustain. That’s where the research on the edmunds forums, here, Accord forums come in.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll shop around again Thanksgiving weekend when I only have one payment left and see what sales Toyota and Honda are offering.

I’m cheap as hell and honestly I think I’ll look at an Elantra if I can get one for zero down at under $200 but I’m fairly comfortable paying $250-$270 for leases with only first month’s payment DAS (plus tax, title, transfer).

@goodleasebadlease I’m located in ATX as well, but ATX dealers have been the hardest to work with and really won’t budge. I just go to their website and do a live chat, tell them my numbers and give them my email to reach back out.

Basically every Honda dealer thinks my numbers are unrealistic and that I should lease a Kia, but I’m sticking to it. I doubt you can get a Touring for under $300 (at least in Texas)- I’d take that deal any day but I do know the Sport has no incentives compared to their other cars. I have reached out to dealers out of state as well and most of their deals are better, but their doc fees are insane, taxes are much lower, and I’d much rather see the car than just make a purchase blindly.

I also check out DriveAccord pretty often, but haven’t seen any spectacular deals except one- but I believe that region has better incentives.

PM me and we can talk more since we’re both looking to get into the same thing- maybe we can find a dealer to cut us a good discount if we buy 2!

I’ve learned that a lower MSRP and “cheaper” car doesn’t always equate to a great lease deal. Sonatas lease better than Elantras because of discounts and lease cash offered.

You really have to do a lot of research to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal for the money. Don’t pigeon-hole yourself onto one thing, I’ve made that mistakes many times and have suffered for it.

Make sure you look at the WHOLE market. Edmunds.com is a great place to start to see lease incentives offered on different models and trims of those models. Pay close attention to the market section of this forum as well. You may find something there that you wouldn’t have, otherwise.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m not quite sure how to interpret the results I find on Edmunds. For example I search for a Camry 2019 SE and it brings up a listing of all the Camry SEs in my area the the MSRP, some of them lower than others. Where can I find lease incentives that you mentioned on that site?

Thanks once again!

I usually go to the website and click on “Research,” then “Incentives and Rebates” and navigate through the links to the make and model I’m interested in.

It may not be an absolute. Check the Edmunds forums for the Camry LE lease deals. I google “Edmunds Camry lease” and click on the link that takes me to the forums. Usually, they discuss lease incentives and rebates offered on regional leases.

1 Like

Thanks again. I just did that and found that there is currently no lease programs yet on the 2019 Camrys.

At least now you know. I realize I could just provide you the links and show your the information, but I’d rather walk you through my methodology so you can repeat it later on. Teach a man to fish.

2 Likes

No you did the right thing, thank you! Learn something new everyday!

Have you tried Volt or Clarity? Those are ugly as sin but cheap as hell…

LOL, no I haven’t…yet. Are they roomy? I had a though time getting comfortable when I test drove a civic until I lowered the seat as low as it would go so my head wasn’t hitting the roof. I’m 6’4, 180lbs if that helps.

Clarity is roomier than Volt.

But how do you expect to get comfortable in an Elantra?

1 Like

My brother is 6’3 and 300lbs and fits in his 2016 Elantra. But he drives with the seat waaayyy back. I drive with my seat up close to the steering wheel so it may be a challenge for me.

This is only true in the handful of states that subsidize the sale of electrics. Can’t even lease a Clarity in my state.
Ford’s are actually leasing well right now but they are never mentioned on this forum.