Honcker - classic bait and switch SCAM

Last week I thought I found a great deal through the Honcker.com app. I’ve been in the market for a lease on a 2019 Nissan LEAF and thought I found this great deal.
The deal was:
Monthly payments: $304
DAS: $1958

I talked to a few dealers who all said it was a great deal and so I decided to take it. As soon as I clicked on the deal, provided all my personal information and uploaded my driver license my credit was polled. It was a hard inquiry on my credit. I checked my credit and saw a new hard inquiry. At the end of that day my order was just waiting to be delivered:

The very next day a customer representative named Ari Cohen called me to inform me that the deal does not exist. He was very rude and pushy trying to get me to accept the new deal which was now $330 a month before tax. I rejected and asked to talk to a manager. He said a manager will call me the next day.

After two more days where they have not reached out I called them back to talk to a manager who was not available to immediately talk. A couple of hours later one of the VP of Sales at Honcker called me. His name is Talles Guimaraes who again explained that the deal doesn’t exist. He further explained that this is a common situation and usually the customers like the new deal even though it isn’t what they accepted. He basically admitted to the fact that their business model is the classic bait-and-switch.

I tried to challenge the fact that my information was given to the dealer before they had approved the deal. Talles Guimaraes explained that it is how their system works (whatever that means), and they can’t validate every deal. I tried suggesting that they could have the dealer confirm the deal before getting the customers information, but it was obvious that the conversation wasn’t going anywhere.

In summary, the numbers on the Honcker.com app are either a bait-and-switch scam or simply not a good lease offer.
Avoid at all cost!

7 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Honcker discussion/reviews