Help on BMW 2018 X5 lease-SO CAL

Similar discounts on service loaner:

In a very similar boat. Looking for an SUV to replace our old generation xc90. Nothing I’m in love with but like the x5, though a little small. I’m really to the point that I’d rather just get an up model highlander and be done with it. The kids are gonna trash it anyway. If BMW comes out with MSDs in my area, I’ll certainly take a look at an x5 loaner. But once you get away from the idea of what you can afford and start thinking about what you want to pay, there is very little utility in paying >$700/mo for a utility vehicle.

3 Likes

Just got this from a So Cal dealer on a new BMW X5 40e PHEV:
$65045 MSRP

$59750 Selling Price
-$500 for Corp Fleet
$59250 Adjusted price

-$3750 Lease Credit (taxable)
-$1000 Loyalty Credit (taxable)
36 months
10k miles
59% residual
.00166 MF (OAC)
$602 plus tax
$660 including tax with $0 down
$2867 drive offs

A bit too pricey for me though…
Wonder if the $6K PHEV credit will ever return ???

You should also be able to get more than 8% off MSRP, closer to 10-12%

1 Like

Do you think the dealer discounts and incentives will get better on the PHEV as the new G05 start arriving ?
My other option is the diesel but it does not currently have much for incentives…
Really don’t want the gas version but if that is what is left over then I may not have a choice.

I think you guys are living a pipe dream if you think Sub 4 or sub 5 x5’s are going to be falling from the sky, even with the model change. You might find a dealer desperate to chase a bonus, but you’re not going to be walking in to the dealer of your choice looking for a mid optioned x5 at 450/mo without significant money down.

It won’t be a pipe dream- Sure it may be “the lucky deal” and will not be the norm , but they will be a few had at under 500 by end of year early next year.
this is for a base model (58-59k)on a 36/10 with only drive offs. You can get one for under 600 now easily in so cal…
59k msrp
52k sales prices
3 k incentives
36/10 + drive offs.

so the 1% rule is beginning to apply.

For me though , I need a few more options and can’t wait as long.

1 Like

good luck 2020202020

Yes and we should see some better lease numbers, same thing happened to the f10 5 Series when new body came out. PHEV are moving fast though because the lease numbers are coming out to almost the same (And sometimes less) than gas powered cars so I’m not sure if there will be any remaining. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any quotes.

1 Like

If sub 300 fully optioned X3s are possible due to a design change, why can’t sub 500 base x5s be possible? You clearly haven’t seen some of the unicorn deals I and some fellow hackrs have pulled off.

I’ve been around here a lot longer than you have, and yes I’ve seen them. You guys make it sound like they’re going to be falling from the sky. It’s still going to take work, finding the right dealer to play ball, good residuals/MF and decent incentives.

Could it happen…yes. Is it a guarantee…not at all.

We were in similar vote as you last year here in SoCal as well. Looked at:

Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid (Felt like a tin box)
Lexus RX350/450 F-Sports (Not white and no red interior so not a lot of choices)
Audi Q7 2.0/3.0
Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 and 3.5 (3.5 exhaust was awesome)
LR Discovery Full (Sport way too small) and Velar
Alfa/Benz/BMW ( Shopped and drove but never talked numbers)
P-car Macan S - looked at but didn’t drive or talk numbers.

The surprising vehicle: Mazda CX-9 Signature. Had everything we wanted (fully loaded, powerful motor and fuel economy for city driving, and third row) but the lease price. The lowest lease I got was for 36/15k at $679 tax included w/ zero DAS.

At the end of day I leased a $63k MSRP 2017 RX350 AWD F-Sport 36/12k for well below $600 tax included zero DAS but max MSD. Not a monster LH score but still decent and worth it. LH forum was definitely helpful.

Maybe base service loaners will be around $500 plus tax. Like I’ve said before X5 continues to sell well. The plug in model in SoCal sells well, hence the reduction of the federal credit. As time goes by, there will be fewer to choose, so you risk odd colors combos, or heavily optioned cars. So BMW may add more incentives at the end but fewer choices. X5 without safety driving fractures would suck in my opinion, most other SUV’s have auto lane, active cruise etc. for the X5 you have to add other options to it which add up quickly. I bet the 2019 will have more standard safety options (guessing), but I predict a price increase as well, either flat out or with options required like the newer X3. Certain options on the X3 can’t be had without layers of options which add up Quickly.

I finally pulled the trigger on a mid optioned X5 s35i (msrp 64300 ish)
Dealers in So Cal were getting pretty aggressive at end of month.
I am sure if I waited longer I would of gotten a better deal but my other car was on the fritz…and I hate driving the wife’s Fiat.

msrp- 64320
sales price- 56950
incentives- 5000
-2k dealer
-1k loyalty
-1k sweepstakes/drive event
-1k bmwcc (I know it is a rebate but I added it in anyway, makes me feel better)

I got a 36/15 with drive offs that came to around 600 +tax and mid 600 with tax.
for a 36/10 you would of been 580/mo(ish) including tax (leasehackr score mid 9 ish…)

not bad but not incredible.
I was able to get auto nation to come down to this amount for a similar car and then sent out to multiple dealers who had a better car I wanted and Murrietta Dave matched the price for me.
Dave was great, I am sure the finance guy wasnt loving me though(didn’t even listen to the warranty speech).
LOL Dave said it was the quickest anyone ever came out of a finance office before.

thank you for all your help and good luck in all your searches!

mind pm’ing me the dealer?

Don’t see any sub 500 X5’s anytime soon with increasing rates and less incentives.

I think BMW learned their lessons of blow out leases…

I am sitting on an $88/month $0 DAS (after $1k BMWCCA) i3 BEV due in next month and very sad with current options.

BMW didn’t learn any lessons. For the tiny fraction of the buying public that got blowout deals, with being at the right place at the right time, and all stars aligning, there’s another majority of the buying public that got average/mediocre deals. Not everyone knows the ins and outs to get a blowout deal, and the members of this forum are a mere sliver of people leasing cars.

MAYBE on a low optioned loaner at the end of the year with the redesigned 19s coming around the corner. Otherwise, you’re most likely spot on.

I doubt there will be many deals on 2018 X5 due to not a huge supply and the new model being released will be X drive and will have a new base price of $60k. S drive will arrive a year later, plug in in 2020. So this will push many for the current model with a current level of discounts, as opposed to the new model with little to none incentives. Those with extra bucks to spend, the new one will be sweeeet. Beautiful interior.