Help getting out of a lease

Hello Hackrs,

I am currently in a BMW lease with 5 months remaining. I am close to using all my miles for the lease. I am interested in getting into a new lease and giving back my current car. I would like to preferably get into another BMW(5 series,x6). Still, I am open to hearing deals that are available (loaners preferably). Currently, I have a 328i(2016) and would like a car that is a bit bigger (5series size should suffice). My current lease payment is $338. I reside in Long Island and am hoping to have to go through a process in which I can give back my current car and get into a new lease. Requirements - 3 years 36k miles, little to no down and a lease of $300-$400/month. My deal on my BMW was $800 down(title, registration, first-month payment) and 338/month. The car was a loaner with 4500 miles. Let me know what you think and what suggestions you have for me.

Thank you in advance for all your suggestions.

You might see if BMW is offering any “pull-ahead” programs, where they make the last payments on your vehicle if you lease another BMW. Don’t confuse this with when a dealer calls it a “pull-ahead” and they are really rolling your remaining payments into the new lease. Be very careful a out how the new deal is structured.

1 Like

$300-$400 for a 5 series or X6 is a tall order.

Good luck with that.

5 series at <400 with 0 DAS? Seems like a suuuuuuuuuper long shot. Lowest offer i got was 560.

They aren’t.

Won’t happen on a 5 series or x6 without a few thousand down. You’ll also be rolling in 5 payments in the new lease from the old, making your 300-400 target an impossible ask.

3 Likes

I would be able to go up on monthly payments. I was able to get a good deal on my loaner 3 years ago and was hoping to get a deal that closely relates to it. Now I would be able to work my monthly payment to $550. Just looking for a seamless process more than anything.

I would be able to go up on monthly payments. I was able to get a good deal on my loaner 3 years ago and was hoping to get a deal that closely relates to it. Now I would be able to work my monthly payment to $550. Just looking for a seamless process more than anything. I agree with you <400 is too ambitious.

Typically it’s not recommended to roll payments into a new lease but this may be the month to do it especially since your mileage it topped out. There were several 2018 530xis around $400/month with about $2K due at signing and MSDs like this one which recently sold.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/pending-sale-please-close-sick-deal-only-1-2018-bmw-530i-xdrive-loaner-395-month-tax-inception-fees-and-msds-loyalty-included-conquest-available/119359/7

“Just looking for a seamless process more than anything.” Sounds like you need a broker, :bowl_with_spoon:

I received a notice from the dealership I got my lease from (BMW Freeport) to get into a new lease but they have some shady practices and am regretting going back to them. I was hoping I could get a hackr or broker to structure a deal for me like the one you showed with the 530x so that I could swap out. Im deciding if I should purchase miles if I cannot get a decent deal.

Bingo. I reached out to quite a few that i found on Leasehackr but nothing yet.

1 Like

Consider going 15k too so you don’t run into the same situation

1 Like

100%. Def will get numbers for that in all deal conversation with brokers.