GoSeeTed Discussion

Can you stop being so nice to me when I’m trying to berate you?? :crossed_swords:

Enough off-topping already. Good enough?

1 Like

Mission accomplished. You were all witnesses.

Your claim is so outrageous. There are no other brokers on here who would make such a silly claim that they can get the best deal all the time.

So you are telling me you can get a 2017 330e loaner with MSRP of $58725 for $110/month including tax with $110 due at signing (24/12k)? Or a 2017 F-Type SVR loaner with MSRP of $144k for $822/month including tax with $2383 due at signing (33/10k)?

If you can do either of these, I will stop bashing you. Plus, you’d get a bunch of customers.

Come on, Jon. This is just unfair to compare these deals with anything. They are unicorns and may never be replicated by anyone else.

That is my whole point, but Ted seems to think that only he can get the best deal possible everytime. He claims that if people on here search long enough, we MAY be able to get the deal he can get, but it will never be cheaper than what he can get. :roll_eyes:

I don’t recall him saying that he can beat ANY deal, and that’s not what he said a few posts back.

@Ursus Here are some of his quotes, which I find quite ridiculous.

1 Like

I’ll say he’s a good salesman :slight_smile:
But we have many unlicensed “brokers” who are way worse than that.

2 Likes

You get what you pay for. If you know of someone who will negotiate the deal, walk you through your entire contract, and arrange for delivery at your door and they will do it for $200 (300% less than $599), go for it. I doubt they are bringing to the table the same level of service and deals that we are. Besides that, 99% of brokers and leasing companies are paid big checks that are hidden in the price, never to be known by the customer. We do not get paid by anyone but our customer, and something tells me you don’t realize how much money a typical broker actually makes on a typical car deal.

I can’t judge you because I have never requested your services. I understand all your points, but in the end, all that matters is the price a car will cost me per month. The point here is no one cares how much money these other brokers bake into the monthly payments, as long as those payments are the most competitive.

The whole issue in this thread is that people want a proof of concept that will give them some evidence that your prices are worth it. You should be able to give ballpark figures to all potential clients, without any charge. You can’t completely absolve yourself from time invested in clients that may never purchase, since this is your business, not ours, and a customer should not be the one to assume financial risk.

Do you offer close estimates to potential customers, without requiring any payment? If not, it is absurd to charge people for trying to be your customer, who you have a chance to make money off of.

All you would have to do to gain some following would be to come with real offers for a few high demand brands\models, show how much off msrp you are getting, and what the monthly payments will be, plus drive off costs.

If people see your real deal, they will either decide that it is not worth your price, or it is. It is really that simple. It is a lot easier at convincing the non-educated general public for your services, which most of the time get shafted at dealers, than a place like here, where people are constantly comparing prices.

1 Like

Round and round we go. He has posted some deal examples before, time to move on. This thread bubbled back up from someone looking for his services, he didn’t kick it back up promoting himself.

4 Likes

Yea I didn’t realize there was a fee until after commenting, but if it is put to scale for our budget, and they carve out their own pay from the dealer, then no biggie. Still gonna try the advice on here and try myself first. I also made the thread after my comment here!

Jon, we’re confident in the work we do. What more can I say? Confident enough to place a full money back guarantee if you find someone did get a better deal on the same car, when comparing apples to apples of course. Now both of those deals are SICK, no doubt! But it took the Jaguar guy 3 months and it was on a loaner car. As Ursus correctly pointed out, these are unicorns. The longer a loaner sits out of service, the more money the manufacturer will send the dealer to recoup those costs. All loaners are not created equal. With MB it’s $25 every day it’s out of service. Those killer loaner LH deals are usually on cars that have been out of service for a good amount of time, which is why they are hard to replicate. When we say we get the best deal, we’re talking normal market conditions. If you want a car quickly, don’t want to do any work, and have the car delivered to your house at the best deal (I’ll keep saying it!), we’re the best game in town.

I don’t think we’re the only ones who can get it, I’ve said many times we’re not magicians. We’re just very good at what we do.

I don’t need your services but I like your entrepreneurial zeal. You should be in business for yourself, whether in your current industry or in a higher commission sector (wall St, real estate, etc).

That being said, you need to learn which comments/criticisms to ignore and which to respond to. Hint: Not every one.

1 Like

Ted,

What’s your added value over roadster.com? They also negotiate a deal and completely buffer beteen the buyer and the dealer.

How much work time do you put into every customer? You claim to be able to get best prices but if your volume is as high as you claim, how can you afford putting the many hours needed into the deal to make it excellent? Not to mention cases when more than one model is an option …

Right on man, thank you. There is a lot to be said in working for this company, and I see no limits to where this will end up, so I’m sticking around! Fantastic company to work for, there’s nothing sleazy about what we’re doing, and we truly are here to help customers avoid the nightmare dealership process. In some industries (especially the car business!) that can be hard to find. Thank you for saying so though, that was kind of you!

There’s something to be said for your last line regarding not responding to everyone. But this is an on-line forum, and I’ve got to stand up for and represent GoSeeTed the best I can, and for me that means not hiding from anyone, least of all the naysayers.

Roadster.com links to a company that sells a commerce solution to dealers, how is that the same as what a broker does?

We’re a concierge service and we use our powers of negotiation and competition between dealers to achieve the pricing we get for our clients. If I’m getting it right, Roadster appears to be an online storefront for dealers websites. Customers can view inventories, pick a the dealer’s advertised prices, which are of course not going to be the best deal. They then put an offer on a deal together, and the dealer responds with their counter.There is also a huge opportunity for the dealer to pick up extra gross on F&I products and accessories. It looks as if it simplifies some things, but the point of our service is to make 1 phone call. We are in charge of finding the car for you, negotiating the terms, presenting the best offer we have found, and then arranging for delivery after a line by line explanation of your contract. You hire us to have all of the legwork done for you. Kick back, pop open a cold one (if that’s your thing), and wait for the car to show up, at the best price. Roadster simplifies some things from a consumer standpoint, but appears intended more to help dealers and is therefore not the same as what we do. We’re working in opposite directions.

I was responding to the fact that you suggested people on this site charge 300-400% less than we do, which is not true.

In regards to

We’re a car buying service. We take a $99 deposit to get started, with the rest of the fee due on delivery. Most people take no issue with that. Most do the same. It’s not absurd to ask for some commitment from our customers. What then is to stop someone from taking the work we’ve done and going to a dealer to use those numbers and get the same deal? It’s happened countless times over 16 years and this is the best way we have found to prevent it. Besides, if you were to hire a painter to paint your living room, would you say “I need you to paint 1 wall to make sure you can do what you say you’re going to, and then I’ll consider hiring you?” Probably not. It’s a service, and you pay for that service. Same thing here.