GoSeeTed Discussion

Roadster.com links to a company that sells a commerce solution to dealers, how is that the same as what a broker does?

We’re a concierge service and we use our powers of negotiation and competition between dealers to achieve the pricing we get for our clients. If I’m getting it right, Roadster appears to be an online storefront for dealers websites. Customers can view inventories, pick a the dealer’s advertised prices, which are of course not going to be the best deal. They then put an offer on a deal together, and the dealer responds with their counter.There is also a huge opportunity for the dealer to pick up extra gross on F&I products and accessories. It looks as if it simplifies some things, but the point of our service is to make 1 phone call. We are in charge of finding the car for you, negotiating the terms, presenting the best offer we have found, and then arranging for delivery after a line by line explanation of your contract. You hire us to have all of the legwork done for you. Kick back, pop open a cold one (if that’s your thing), and wait for the car to show up, at the best price. Roadster simplifies some things from a consumer standpoint, but appears intended more to help dealers and is therefore not the same as what we do. We’re working in opposite directions.

I was responding to the fact that you suggested people on this site charge 300-400% less than we do, which is not true.

In regards to

We’re a car buying service. We take a $99 deposit to get started, with the rest of the fee due on delivery. Most people take no issue with that. Most do the same. It’s not absurd to ask for some commitment from our customers. What then is to stop someone from taking the work we’ve done and going to a dealer to use those numbers and get the same deal? It’s happened countless times over 16 years and this is the best way we have found to prevent it. Besides, if you were to hire a painter to paint your living room, would you say “I need you to paint 1 wall to make sure you can do what you say you’re going to, and then I’ll consider hiring you?” Probably not. It’s a service, and you pay for that service. Same thing here.

I was responding to the fact that you suggested people on this site charge 300-400% less than we do, which is not true.

In regards to

We’re a car buying service. We take a $99 deposit to get started, with the rest of the fee due on delivery. Most people take no issue with that. I believe @nyclife as well as most people ask for the same. It’s not absurd to ask for some commitment from our customers. What then is to stop someone from taking the work we’ve done and going to a dealer to use those numbers and get the same deal? I understand what you’re saying but would you hire a painter to paint your living room, and say “I need you to paint 1 wall to make sure you know what you’re doing, and then I’ll consider hiring you?” Probably not. You would respect their time and likely pay for some of the work upfront. It’s just like that.

Oh, and it’s probably worth mentioning we found a gentlemen a brand new (not a demo) 2016 Jaguar XJL Supercharged that had an MSRP of $101,733 that he paid cash for and we negotiated down to $65,000, delivered door to door from Oregon to Alabama. Not a deal we can replicate, a very unique situation, but yes, when they present themselves, we get ridiculous deals like that, too.

It is absurd. Why should anyone pay you a $99 fee, having no idea what deal you will get them, and it turns out that they could have gotten a better deal, or someone could’ve done it for 300% less.

You have construction workers driving out their way to give free estimates, yet you expect people to hand you over $100?

I would be all for giving you a go, but only if you can give me a good estimate on what kind of price you can get me. I don’t see how anyone would throw away $100 just to see if it will work out. This is a classical trap.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it would be best to have you create a thread on the dealer/broker reviews section, where you can write up your own introduction and share some sample deals or whatever you feel is needed to justify the business. And then we can lock this one. This thread has become pretty tangential and I’m not sure it’s doing a whole lot of good at this point.

Just made that review thread, and want to definitely have any reviews in this thread moved over there if possible! I know there are dead horses beat to a pulp all over this thread but I’d love to see it stay open if at all possible, and hope that most of the activity can be moved now to the new thread.

I hear ya. I’ll get those reviews moved over.

Edit: I believe all reviews have been moved over. I did make a notation on a couple of them, though, as they were left by fresh accounts with no activity.

Kevin we appreciated working with you both, and sorry to hear of the turn of events but remember: get back truckin on!! All will work out; and thanks again for the review. Good things on the rise

1 Like

Because plenty of deadbeats and mooches want to take a deal a broker can get and cut them out of it. Your analogy doesn’t work, a free quote in this case would be you telling Ted or any broker what you are looking for and then quoting you a price for their service, not actually doing the work of finding you a car and a deal.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get the #’s on my deal tomorrow and put them in that thread. I’m guessing the only way to get the notation removed is by posting more and proving I’m not spam? Will be tough as leases aren’t my strong suit (hence my using a broker) and I don’t have a ton to add here.

Yeah, I’m just looking for any validation to filter through spam, alt accounts, etc. Since your account is so new, I just want to make sure we’re being real so other users feel like the reviews are trustworthy. You can even PM it to me if you’re more comfortable that way just so I can validate.

No worries, I get it. I sent you a quick run through of off the top of my head #’s on my lease. It’s late and I’m tired, so digging out the paperwork for the full #’s will have to wait til tomorrow.

Sounds good [202020202020]

Moved thread back into marketplace - let’s keep it civil and specific to business inquiries for GoSeeTed

1 Like

Just spoke with Robby, good guy explained everything pretty clearly. I have been looking for a 2018 charger hellcat. Local dealer seemed to want about $620 monthly incl tax/fees and $3000 down. Will post back of a review after Robby tries to find me a better deal on the car. I can’t believe you guys used to get this car for $500, pretty jealous…

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: GoSeeTed Car Buying/Leasing Service, Serving All 50 States

Closed per the request of GoSeeTed