Good deal? New 2018 320 xi

Hello all,
I’m new to leasing and have read some great info on the message boards.
I received this lease estimate and wanted to get your input on if it’s a good deal (seems like it may just be an ok deal to me).

New 2018 320xi in Illinois
Convenience Package
Heated Steering Wheel
Active Blind Spot Detection

MSRP: 42,850
Sales price before incentives: 35,969
Sales price after incentives: 31,468
Monthly payment (w/tax): $327
Down payment: 0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k

I’m only able to get to the $327 figure in the leasehackr calculator by using a MF of 0.00188 and residual rate of 59%.

Thanks!

I’d go this route, 24mo, bump the mf to waive the acq fee. Oh and get more of a break down, screen shot or lease sheet, residual should be a point higher. I took your 59 and added 6 for my calculation(technically it should be 66 for 24mo).

thanks Joe! I just looked at the MSRP breakdown and found that the ‘destination fee’ of $995 is already included in the price, so I redid my calc and will update the one you provided. Will definitely get a better break down from them tomorrow as well. I like the 24 month idea…

13%20PM

I’m also in Illinois. This sounds really nice. May I ask where you’re getting this? Thanks.

I think the residual should be 66%, putting you at $294 x 24mo

Aren’t the incentives taxed? Few hundred dollar difference.

agree, updated my calc, thanks!

Thanks, I got to this # too!

Sure, BMW in Naperville.

Follow up question: I think I’ll actually need 12k/year. Is it good to go in starting at 10k (which is what I originally told them via email)? Or go in today stating I need 12k?

It shouldn’t matter, just know what the payment should be either term and double check all the numbers on the contract

Geez just get a 330e or loaner of some sort, less $$. That’s way too much money for a dog of a car.
Check the deals in IL here, you can do better.

I agree - went to look at the car and didn’t like it - didn’t have many features to justify the price either.

If the payment is low enough there is nothing wrong with the 320i, it’s all relative. Don’t let the 180hp scare you away either, car has plenty of zip and will go fast enough to scare you, especially at altitude(thanks turbo). Not allot of nice to drive awd cars for under $300 out there.

If you can get a 330 or 328d for under $300, that is obviously better. But were getting to the point where you can’t be too picky, if you find a unicorn you better jump on it.

Agree. Depending on supply in IL and neighboring states (MO/IN/IA), and if the OP is willing to drive there (or pay shipping), I would bet that there are still some hackable deals left, if the OP is also willing to thoroughly scour the dealerships. For some, time=$$ so there’s that, too

Only 10d ago, there was this, in the Midwest:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/new-2018-bmw-328d-210-month/113761

There’s a 340 in OH, awesome deal at close to your payment and so much more car!!!.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/new-2018-bmw-340i-xdrive-318-tax-59k-msrp-das-first-month-doc-bank-dmv-tax-msds-includes-loyalty-ol-and-grad-available-oh/116428

Grab the 500 CCA rebate (because it is new, not punched) and this will cover most of shipping if the OP will ship to you. Or just fly there and drive it home.

And this in NY:
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/1-left-april-deal-on-new-2018-bmw-330i-xdrive-295-month-tax-and-inception-includes-loyalty-10k-24mo/115154

Yeah the 340 is pretty sick, lots of ponies. It’s got almost as many ponies as a E46 M3