Good Deal? 2019 VW Tiguan SE ($262/Mon + $1,500 Down)

just got off the phone with a nearby dealer with the deal below, please let me know if should jump on this, thanks!!

State: MA (02169)

2019 Tiguan SE (w/ Panoramic Sunroof)
MSRP: $30,389
Sell Price: $25,300
Payments: $262.61 (includes tax)
Down: $1,500 (includes 1st Mon.)

Months: 39
Mileage: 12K
MF: 0.00066
Residual: 54% ($16,410)

doesn’t look bad

Discount seems very strong. If the MF is the bank/base rate I think this is a good deal. You should confirm what is included in the Down and whether there are any cap cost reductions. Does the $262.61 include tax?

Yeah that deal looks legit. Appears to be $700 lease incentive so before that your discount is 14.5%, very strong. Might want to look at 36mo might not be much different.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll ask the dealer what’s included in the down payment but the monthly payment ($262.61) includes tax for MA state.

The dealer said the only way to make these numbers work was to do a 39 Mon. lease, not sure if that’s true. Any disadvantages you can think of for going with 39 Mon. versus a more common 36 Mon. lease? Thanks!

Yeah the payment might be a little higher, as long as the registration costs don’t negate any savings gained for the 39mo term. The residual shouldn’t change that much on 36mo, not sure what the hang up is, they should at least show you the numbers for 36mo.

Some will try to avoid 39 month leases in favor of 36 month leases to ensure they’r always under bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. Since VW has a 6 year / 72,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, this is not a concern for you.