German Convertible Leases-- PLEASE HELP!

Good afternoon everyone,

I want to lease a convertible as my next vehicle, I’ve been driving large sedans and am ready for a change!

These are the three vehicles I am interested in

1. BMW 440i xDrive Convertible
    Luxury Design, Executive Tier
    Driver Assistance Pckg, Active Cruise Control, etc
    MSRP based on online build :$68,690

2. Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic Cabriolet
    Diamond White/Porcelain Leather/blue top- Ventilated seats, heated wheel
    Driver Assistance Package/Distronic Cruise
    MSRP of build: $67,130

3. Audi A5 Cabriolet
    Prestige Package
    Driver Assistance/Luxury Package/Adaptive Suspension
    MSRP of build: $63,025

I would like to go with one of these three vehicles. I am hoping to get some guidance with what vehicle has the best lease programs. I’m looking for a 36/15 lease, and to just pay fees up front. I’m not opposed to MSDs if available and helps. I am in the Boston area.

Any ideas on what leases on these vehicles would be? I am looking to be below 700 per month and would like to know if it is realistic.

Thank you everyone for your time! Have a great day!

Rob

1 Like

Look up the MF/residuals using the Edmunds forum. Find average selling prices using brand or model specific websites. You’re not going to get a good deal on a special order so I’d recommend looking for in-stock models and demos. The BMW or Mercedes will lease better than the Audi

Thank you! I did not know about the Edmunds forum. I will check that out.

My last two vehicles were orders because I’m very particular about options, colors, etc. But I understand what you’re saying and I’ll try to be more flexible and find something in stock. Are there any brokers on here in the Boston/New England area? I have heard that Audi’s generally do not lease out well.

Thanks again!

Any other thoughts on this?

I got a quote for a 2018 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic Cabriolet, I don’t have all the information yet… want to know if this is a good deal, it sounds high to me.

36 Months, 15,000 miles per year
$799 Per month, including Massachusetts sales tax (6.25%)
$2,623.38 DAS (told it covers start up fees)
MSRP of the vehicle is $65,840.00

I do not have the sale price, MF, or residual yet. Will update when I do.

Please advise, thank you!

Not worth it! Best bet is to look for a loaner or check with some other dealers. What even is “start up fees”? besides basic dmv, registration, title.

sounds high to me too. They do have loaners out there, i was offered one when i was looking for another car so maybe worth looking into.

Pretty sure someone just stole a cabrio loaner on lease. Definitely try to find one of these.

1 Like

Wow, that was exactly what I’m looking for. Wish they had deals like that in NJ. Was just quoted $700 a month for a c300 convertible

don’t get your hopes up, that was at the end of the last month where Mercedes still supported 2017 leases. It’s not happening right now regardless of region.

Here are some vehicles that might be demos that might be leasable.

https://www.mbofdevon.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2018-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-c4cb2e570a0e0ae9627ac91b68f6baee.htm

https://mercedes.benzelbusch.com/certified/Mercedes-Benz/2018-Mercedes-Benz-AMG+C+43-29f16f350a0e0adf1f544f40765c7d3b.htm

To find 3 series like this, go to CarGurus or AutoTrader or Cars. com and look for 2018s with low mileage. Sometimes they show up as corporate fleet on Carfax.

More info: Loaner To Owner - Mercedes, Audi, BMW etc

Lease programs on all of these are very rough.

The cheapest any of these have ever been was when Audi had a final aged demonstration support rebate of $5000 for vehicles that have been sitting on the lot for i believe a minimum of 200 days, they were in the 500’s.

A starting point