First timer: Looking at C300

Planning to go the dealership tomorrow, but have never leased so I’m not quite sure what to expect. Did some researching on this forum and have a general understanding.

That being said, any insight on what to expect or look for in leasing a 2017 C300? The one I’m looking at on the dealer website has an MSRP of $49k.

I will post more details once I visit them tomorrow.

Also, I’m open to looking at other comparable luxury sedans, if there is one that leases better than the C class. Open to any recommendations!

C300 for 49K seems too high

Do you know the current MF, RV and any incentives currently available for the C300? What are people currently paying for it? Will you be taking advantage of MSDs? With all that info, you should be able to calculate numbers that’s you can expect the dealer to match/beat. If you don’t have those numbers, good luck.

That’s the MSRP. What do you mean it’s too high?

1 Like

You’re not going to get a very good deal if you walk into the dealer with nothing.

Email 3-5 dealers with specific stock number you like and get the best deal.

Must pass 1% msrp rule. E.g. 49k payment has to be below 490 after tax with 0 cash due at signing (0 down also)

I don’t currently have them, that’s the kind of info I’m needing help on. Where would I look for those?

Not looking to do the deal tomorrow, just wanting some preliminary numbers to start with. I also need to test drive the car and make sure I like it!

As for the 1% rule, does that apply to the MSRP or the actual selling price?

Msrp.

After test driving just thank them.

Don’t wait for numbers. Leave and tell them to email you.

They will play many dumb games. It’s the start of the month and the finance managers are bored.

They will present to you a minor discount, exclude rebates, and inflate the money factor.

But yes test drive whatever you need to

1 Like

I am looking at the same vehicle but nobody is beating down my door so I guess they are selling well. The MSRP of my config is $45k. If you do your research you’ll find TrueCar selling range of 13-16% discount from MSRP which is in line with info provided by FightingChance. I am informed that United Premier members can get a $2k fleet discount (that is after the price you negotiate with the dealer) but have not verified.

Good luck, you will do better if you walk in with your checkbook on June 29 at end of Q2.

You can submit a request on this site under the MF/RV section or check on Edmunds.com forum. You need to be specific on sedan or coupe and AWD or RWD. I believe for June a 2017 C300 sedan RWD with 36 mo./12k miles per year has a base MF is .00121 and RV of 59% of MSRP. But you would need to verify. As far as other vehicles to consider, definitely also look at the Infiniti Q50 which seems to lease well in that segment. Many threads on those deals on here if you search.

1 Like

Good stuff to know. Best of luck to you as well!

All of this is very helpful. I’ll take a look at both of those places. Thank you so much!

I was looking at same car the other day, c300 4matic sedan with msrp of 49k.
Without MSD and tier 1 credit, the MF was .00109, and the discount they gave me was 10% which is just average and should be higher by end of the month. Residual value for 10k/36 was 60%

Here are lease factors for C300 in June 2017

Mercedes-Benz / 2017 / C-Class / C300 / June 2017 Deal

MSRP $ 41,725.00
Down payment $ 2,999.00
Selling price $ 38,921
Acquisition fee $ 795.00
Residual value $25,035.00 (60%)
Mileage 10,000.00 Miles
Money factor 0.00121
Lease term 36 Months
Monthly payment $ 399.00(without tax)
http://please-lease.com/search-result/?make=Mercedes-Benz&model=C-Class%20C300&model_year=2017

This is what I was able to get out of my local dealership. Not quite understanding everything but it seems kinda high. Let me know what you guys think!

It’s a good discount but they are adding back almost 3k for fees and miscellaneous in 17. So you need to get a breakdown of those. If you did 10 MSD, then you would get this in the 400s, but for 49k MSRP, you may be able to almost get an E300 for the same payment (if they have better discount or incentive).

So in section 17 it’s showing about 1250, am I missing something? And what shows you the discount on the vehicle? Sorry, still new to all this.

There’s a user here trying to offload his 2016 C300. It’s spec’d a little differently than what you’re after but it may be worth considering. [SWAP PENDING] 2016 Mercedes C300 RWD Sport Sedan Lease Transfer $433 + tax. $1000 INCENTIVE!