Fair App - any good?

I recently got a car from Fair. They’re customer service was great and they enticed me with a $500 promo code off the start payment and offered $100s in credits towards my first monthly bill when my first handful of cars kept coming back unavailable. This really enticed me to finally commit to the car I got. The representative from Fair concierge told me that once I got in the car they would tally up my credits and add them towards my monthly bill. The credits added up to $700, all separate from the start payment. I followed up with Fair concierge and all seemed to be fine until I received a $200 Amazon gift card in my email from Fair. I called to see what this was about and they said I would be receiving that plus 2 reimbursements of $200 each to my bank account. Then I followed up again and Manager Jacob L said I would only be getting two $200 Amazon gift cards that I have no use for and no monthly payment credits. Furthermore he told me to “move past this” even though the credits were promised to me and were used to entice me into the car. I did not appreciate how Jacob tried to tell me things that were just completely untrue and would easily be remedied by reading the transcripts from previous calls. This experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I had previously raves about Fair to all my friends, all of whom have relocated to California recently and who could use a service like this. I will not however be recommending Fair anymore and I will be sharing my experience with everyone I can.

Anyone else have similar issues? They must really be running out of investor money, but why should I pay for it? I did get any of the benefits that the investors did.

How can someone trying to lease via fair ensure the car they are getting is a non-smoking car (meaning previous owner did not smoke); I get allergy just getting into a smoke filled room.

1 Like

on a side note, read some where that steve jobs used to lease mercedes benz every 6 months so that he could avoid license plates, so that no one knows which car he drives.

1 Like

thats true, same color SL every 6 mo to avoid plates

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Shaan seems to have disappeared!!

1 Like

I bought a previous corporate lease BMW before and they were only allowed to drive it for 6 months before they had to turn it in so that does exist.

Just learned about this app. Referral code anybody?

Basically, what the Fair app, is leasing used cars. On the cost side, it may not be worth it. Think about it. Budget, Avis and the rest wholesale their cars at around 50000 miles. Assuming normal 10000 miles a year for 5 years, the depreciative value of the car is zero. So any money made by the used car dealers is profit. So you are getting a car that is over 50000 miles, maint. might be yours except for major ones as the claim is made. With rental cars, I can chose any car, drive for a week, use a major credit card for ins protection. that seems to be better deal, besides you know the cars are well maintained by the rental companies (the major ones).

[quote=“Hari_Iyer, post:126, topic:21267, full:true”]
With rental cars, I can chose any car, drive for a week, use a major credit card for ins protection. that seems to be better deal [/quote]

I don’t see the great deal with what you suggest.

Even with my rock-bottom corporate rate(s), I pay at least $1000/month to rent a car from one of the major rental car companies. Fair app cars would be half of that or less.

Do you still have some promo codes for starting pymnt? Im trying to get my first one but start payment is too high. Thank you

I think they’re name is ironic, the price initially sounded high but I thought it included insurance and they took care of the registration so it sounded decent, but it’s completely the opposite. No wonder why their website is so vague. Seems very unFair.

1 Like

Here’s $200 off if anyone is interested…

=========================
"No long-term contracts. No early termination fees. Now that’s freedom. And this Independence Day, we’re celebrating that freedom with $200 off the Start Payment of a Fair car.

Scan your license to create an account, choose your car, and sign with a finger. What will you drive now that you’re free?

To Apply The Promo

1 Open app and click the MENU

2 Select PROMOTIONS

3 Enter July200

4 Promo* is applied at checkout

Defiantly love the whole concept of the Fair app, very convient for people who are on the move for projects from city to city, only downside is the Start payment which is a bit expensive. Would appreciate if I can get a promo for my first use of this app.

Hi Shawn

I just tried to add the code you provided and it only said it would be reduced by $100. Do you know why this is??

I had the same problem, the fair start payment on a 4 year old suv is 1900. I assumed it was a 1000 off but it said only 100 ? Thanks, Zain

hey @shaan,

Just curious if you are still offering any promotions to cover start payment? I am interested in leasing car from your app but the start payment is higher than what most dealerships here ask for.
None of my friends have used this app but seems like a great idea on paper! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just seems a little insane at this point - lease price is as high or higher than the same car NEW from the dealer.

Now, I know I’m looking at uncommon cars, but just an example: 2016 Charger Hellcat - $880 / month is the lowest available (others are over $1k/month with $3k down). WITH a $2700 downpayment. Dodge was offering 3/36 for $499/month with 10% down (~$7k) last month. So Dodge works out to around $800/month brand new. With factory warranty, etc.

So, if it was just $880/month for as long as I wanted, sure, that might be worth it - pay a little more, get more flexibility. But add in $2700 more, right off the bat? That turns $880 into ~$1125/month for 1 year. That’s too much of a premium for that flexibility, IMHO. I COULD actually see $1125/month for 1 month, if I wanted to try the car for a month to make sure I liked it. But, at this point, I’d need to pay almost $3600 FOR ONE MONTH. That’s ridiculous. Even with a $1k off downpayment, not worth it.

2 Likes

Fair prices are way too high for leasing and miles on some of the cars are higher than teens at a rave Party.