F-Type 2017 léase

Hey guys,

I’m trying to get an f-type lease and got the following quote. I don’t have a very specific breakdown and still waiting on that.

MSRP: 79,483
SELLING PRICE: 63,483
MF: .0005
RESIDUAL: 55%
TERM: 36 months
MILEAGE: 10k/year

Option 1:
CASH DOWN: 1500
PAYMENT W/TAX: $578

Options 2:
CASH DOWN: 3000
PAYMENT W/TAX: $537

Option 3:
CASH DOWN: 4500
PAYMENT W/TAX: $498

Are you asking for any specific feedback? Or just yea or nay?

I can tell you it’s not a good deal. Look through other F-Type posts to get a benchmark of what you should be aiming for.

Yea looking for feedback on how much wiggle room… I have looked at other deals in this forum and while they are great I’m not sure how the inventory on 2017s are which are still able to be leased is. I don’t want to miss out but don’t want to overspend.

They’ll be just as motivated to clear them off lots as you are to lease them. If you can get a couple more thousand off, it’ll be worth biting on. Your target should be around $0 down, $500-$550/mo.

Cool thanks I’ll try push for that.

The trouble is the residual at this point. Your 20% discount doesn’t seem that bad to me but you should find out what portion of that represents incentives vs. dealer discount. Did you check on Edmunds what the MF is for your model, is this dealer giving you the buy rate? If so, and you want this car, maybe push for option 1 with no cash down.

Yea initially the sell price on their site was 59k but when I called they said that was the buy price and lease would be a differ te price which is kinda weird.

Very common. But rest assured there is still some wiggle room. I bet you can scrape $1,500-$2k off and get a $0 down $550/mo deal on that car.

If these guys are local, go in person and with credit card in hand offer the $0 down scenario Km suggested if you’re willing to take it on the spot. If remote, call and be willing to put a deposit down if they agree.

Yea they are out of state but I’d be willing to sign on spot if they can do 0 down

Doesn’t seem like they are willing to budge :frowning: Tried calling up some other dealers but the left over 2017’s are in the ~100k msrp and not willing to discount so much as I’ve seen others on this forum.

They may just be waiting to see where they land toward end of quarter. Keep it on the list while you expand your search and be ready to pull the trigger in the last week of the month. But also be willing to walk away if you don’t get the deal you want.

Can someone tell me briefly how NJ lease taxes work? For some reason the sales guy told me that taxes alone would bump my payment by $200 a month which is inconceivable to me.

NJ tax, per @max_g 2016/217 X3 Lease

Thanks… so given that information I don’t see how they would come up with 200 per month on just taxes.

Yeah, you’d best inquire exactly how they’re coming up with those figures.