Disappointed in Alfa Romeo Giulia Broker Pricing - Thoughts?

@Alfa_romeo this doesn’t work so well in CA. Also, seems that most listings here are stock photos, not even photos of the actual vehicle.

BTW, my car was “old”. It has a build date in October 2017 and it required a replacement of the USB hub part to make Carplay work. But dealer took care of it, didn’t bill me for that, the car is MY 2018, had 50 miles on the odometer and I don’t care much when it was actually manufactured.

How did you find out the build date?

1 Like

There is a date on the label on the B pillar of the driver door. Older cars(250 days on the lot I believe) get an extra $1000 incentive, but may not have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
I know with Stelvio you can tell by the vin whether the car was made in 17 or 18, but I don’t know if that’s the case with Giulia.
Also when I was getting my Stelvio I got a quote on a fully loaded Giulia ($56K if I remember correctly) for $580-600 with $0 DAS and just 23 payments for 24/12 lease.

I just asked the dealer. Once they confirmed the build date I’ve asked them to check carplay and they figured they need to replace the usb part.

There’s a way to figure out if the MY18 car was made before Dec’17 when looking at the sticker. If it says “Prewired for Apple Carplay and Android Auto” then it was made before Dec’17 and needs a replacement of the USB hub inside the armrest. The replacement costs $200, but dealers who know their business do it as a warranty repair.

Also in socal trying to find a good lease deal on a Giulia Ti Sport RWD. If anyone has any good leads let me know. I figure with socal being such a huge market, there should be at least one go to person thats a straight shooter.

Good luck - been looking for over a month and have yet to find a single good deal, or single good person in SoCal. That’s after dozens of hours of work, probably over 100 phone calls, and dozens of emails. I even thought I had locked down the deal I wanted (in writing!), to then have that deal pulled from me when I went to the lot. It’s a joke… Might suggest waiting until quarter end - all the lease deals on alfa’s change 9/5/2018 anyways…

That’s disheartening to hear after all that work you put in. Guess ill be patient and wait for the right deal since it does seem like theyre out there. It just sucks we dont have a go to person in all of socal lol

It’s unbelievable really - I blame it on lack of supply and too many idiots willing to pay anything for a vehicle. Why would they sell to one of us at a discount, when they know some schmuck will come along and pay $3,000 more. Pair that with little supply, their is no incentive to make a deal.

The best deals are on Stelvios right now, and vehicles that have been on the lots for awhile.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

If you know anyone looking for a great deal on Alfa Romeo in DC/MD/VA area, PM me. I am not a broker, I don’t charge anything and don’t expect any kick back from dealer at all (not even planning to get AR for myself), I will just tell you where to call and whom to ask. If you don’t like their deal walk out. No strings are attached and you don’t pay me a penny for work I have done for myself when I was looking for a car to lease.

3 Likes

So nice of you to do that out of the goodness of your heart. Unfortunately I’m on the west coast - don’t know anyone in that area that’s looking.

Eric, I am interested in leasing a Giulia. I am in the MD area. Thanks!

Have you worked with Safford Alfa, by chance?

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a response from him.

1 Like

LOL…well then anyone else here that could be of assistance with leases in the DMV area?

1 Like

He’s not around anymore.

Try Criswell. Also, search and check out the last post in Trophy Garage.

Some more quotes I got:

**49,990 MSRP **
1k DAS and 516/mo before taxes. With a total lease cost of 14,232

MSRP 48,790
3k DAS, 497/mo after taxes. Total lease cost of 14,422. Funny this was cheaper by 1,200 and the lease ends up being more expensive. Pretty much same set up as the above car minus 1 extra feature.