Did I get a Good Deal on a 2018 Camry XSE?

Yeah, good luck with that if you’re married to Toyota for your next car.

Does the fabled inevitable “Camry Dent” really hurt the RV enough on these cars to make the leases so bad? I thought it was just a badge of honor?blogger-image--1981229562

3 Likes

Rental and Fleet programs

For all the rental cars I’ve had recently, the Camry was by far the most boring and least fun or nice to drive. Terrible seat too.

Things were lot different back in 2015. I was able to get the Camry SE for $239 tax included with only first due at signing and that too in Florida. Right now it is tough to get it below $$270 tax included unless you have Grad or Military.
The Camry SE (and LE also) is still a great deal for value to money. Its just on this forum that people compare a toyota lease with a unicorn german lease and think no other cars are worth leasing on the planet.

2 Likes

I just want to know who will get the 42k Camry my dealer has listed … lol

Not true - we also bash Volvo & Honda leases

5 Likes

OP, considering the 4cyl SE Camry was leasing for $250 sign and drive (all fees in) this is a bad deal. The sweet spot with the Camry is on the SE, not XSE. Considering you’re paying $200 more a month for 19" wheels (vs 18" wheels) and red interior seats, etc.

For that money, they should’ve atleast given you the V6 engine.

Too late now, learn your lesson next time.

Ah yes… Basically any other brand that OP’s sign which is non unicorn :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a lot more than that. Do some research.

Actually a 450 a month Camry is also a unicorn - except it’s the fat, hairy, lazy and smelly unicorn instead of the pretty one…

I have a Camry loaner right now. Worst driving experience I’ve had. Although, I do a lot of spirited driving and I’m not much of a fan of amenities and features. I am not the kind of person auto manufacturers want to advertise to.

So you are telling us we are wrong and you are right?

1 Like

Se and xse have different options.

You must really have pissed off the people at Kia for them to put you in a Camry…

Wouldn’t that just be a mule with some kind of horrific birth defect?

4 Likes

I understand that but the XSE is more expensive to lease than the SE.

As boring as Camry’s are to drive, I actually like the looks of the new Camry. They’ve made it for more younger folks lol.

you’re is pretty loaded too which is why you’re payment is so high.

if you really like the car and you’re comfortable with that payment than I say enjoy it.

I leased the car for my bro-in-law, who actually loves the way the car looks, he didn’t want an old body 330 or a basic audi a4. He wanted a loaded car, that he might buy out in the end. I ran this deal by multiple Toyotas dealership and dealers and not even one said this was a bad deal. I understand that the lady thinks that she will get a same deal as she got in 2015, but she will think different when she goes to a dealership. LE and SE do lease better but they don’t have even close to the features that this loaded one has. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing is sacred. :frowning:

So, as far as your specific deal with the numbers are concerned… I think you got the best deal you were going to get on an XSE. The thing that everyone is criticizing here isn’t your specific lease, it’s that Camrys just overall suck to lease for the money. We are comparing it to Tier 1 and Tier 2 luxury leases because those cars are better leased than owned/financed. The Camry is better financed.

This is not a “Camry-leasing” website or a “BMW 3-Series Leasing” website or even an “Inifiniti Q50-Leasing” website (though, you could have fooled me…); this is just a general-leasing place for folks trying to seek the best deals regardless of the car model.

Entry-Level/Mid level basic equipped luxury vehicles are the best deals to be had because that’s just how most of them are structured. For 400 a month, I probably would have taken a fully loaded Q50 Sport 3.0T with carbon-package. I was able to negotiate something like that pretty easily with minimal negotiating.

1 Like