Did I get a Good Deal on a 2018 Camry XSE?

Never have and never will. Honcker is a baseline and for the suckers who don’t want to put effort into getting the best deal. Plain and simple the Camry isn’t worth what Toyota wants right now, at least not in Florida, even though they sell like no other, there’s more car out there for the money. Maybe when the next body style comes out and the fire sale happens for the previous gen will I think about it.

I leased a 2015 Toyota Camry Limited Hybrid for $250 a month for 24 months $1k down.
Now I’m in a Toyota Avalon XLE for $280 per month for 36 months. I put $500 down.
So no, that deal you got is TERRIBLE.

Good deal on an avalon is it 2018 or 2019?

It’s a 2015 also. Got it in February of 2016… Lol, they NEEDED to get it off the lot, that’s why I got such a great deal on it. Our lease on that is up this coming February and I’d like to go back to the Camry Hybrid, but I don’t think I’ll see that $250 again. :frowning:

Your talking 2 or 3 years ago you leased a car that was cheaper and the old body style.

How can you say that his deal is TERRIBLE when you yourself just said

So which is it? Is it a terrible deal because somehow your going to get a better deal then him? Or because your comparing it to a deal that was obtained years ago? Just so you know the hybrid does NOT lease well so you will probably be paying similar to his XSE or more. Don’t even ask about the new Avalon because that’s even MORE.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Truth about infamous “1% rule”

How is $400 per month with 1k down a good deal on a Toyota Camry XSE??? Lol! That is absolutely RIDICULOUS. That’s a TERRIBLE lease, I feel bad for the guy.

JDawg21:
the OP leased a 2018, not 2019 as you referred to the new body style. And so what… All cars change body style probably once ever 5 years.

Lease residuals have changed a ton since your previous leases. You won’t find pricing anywhere close to your previous leases.

6 Likes

Hahaha I must not know anything about leasing?? :joy: Says the person that say you should never lease a vehicle above an imaginary rule lol. Get used to that $400 price range for your next Camry or Avalon because that’s what there going for. Maybe do some research before opening your mouth. Body style makes a huge difference on whether good deals can be had especially for the previous gen that is sitting on the lot.

1 Like

I think $250/mo is a sh*tty deal because you couldn’t pay me to drive an Avalon. I’d get more enjoyment out of lighting $9k on fire.

Different strokes for different folks dude. OP wanted a $36k 4cyl Camry, whatevs :poop:

$400 on an avalon would be a steal at todays rates… :frowning:

$38,869 MSRP

Ehh it’s in the $400’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: still way overpriced for me.

I’ll get back to you in January or February and let you know what a great deal I get.

There won’t be any by then. At least in CA they will be sold out by next month.

1 Like

Haha good luck. Clearly it is YOU that doesn’t know anything about leasing. Let me know how that “great” deal goes for you.

That’s the problem. If OP wants a crappy car with over the top options that has poor lease factors, then be happy with it. Does a pano roof make you forget it is a Camry?

The 36 k Camry is being discounted in the Boston Area to 31k

Also let us not stop there. Let us pay $500 to lease the 42k Camry lol

A coworker of mine saw that I leased my Stinger GT and asked me about the car. He had just leased a new XSE with V6. He told me he was paying 515 a month for his car and I thought that I had a bad deal on MY Stinger at 495.

New Camrys simply do not lease well. They are better bought. Who the hell wants to pay German Luxury money for a japanese Economy mid-size sedan?