Deals on cars that excite you

I might be the minority here, but none of the base model cars excite me. For instance, I dont care for an E300, 550i, A8, F Type, etc…i would only want an E63, M5, S8, F type R… basically the higher trim levels/sportiest versions

I made the mistake of “shopping the deal” on my previous lease (2017 F Type)… was so concerned to get the beast deal possible… $0 down $360+tax… should have really been “shopping the car” and gone with a Type R… or at least gotten options like backup camera, memory seats, homelink…the base model is so stripped down

Anyway, dont want to make the same mistake again. But 99.99% of the topics are on base models/strippers and aimed towards the lowest price/deal

I understand some models/trims dont lease well, but would be interested in reading up on higher trim models…

Audi S7/S8
BMW M5/M6 GC/X5M/X6M/7 series
Caddilac CTSV
Lexus LS500
Mercedes E63S/CLS53/S63
Porsche Panamera/Macan/Cayenne - GTS

2 Likes

You just have to make a choice. Clearly the best deals are on the ‘bread and butter cars’ ie, the ones that have lots of inventory. There are a couple of exceptions but few. So you just have to evaluate what’s more important to you right now. For the right car you have to think more along the lines of what you’re comfortable paying as opposed to sticking to any hard and fast rules like the 1% one. Some rules should stay if possible though - ie, no cash down etc.

Do I want to be driving Highlander at the moment? Not really, but it’ll more than do because I’m saving for a house deposit. Will I be changing it for something more exciting as soon as possible after afrorementioned house is purchased? Youbetchya!

1 Like

X5M can be gotten with ~15% off at the moment with it being the outgoing version of the X5, I got 12% + incentives back in August. X6M will be better value next year once the X6 is updated. BMW will almost always be more competitive than Audi and Mercedes lease-wise for the higher end performance vehicles, but the outgoing Audi models are very competitive at the moment. Audi A7 has $15k dealer cash at the moment and is a really nice vehicle, ~$650p/m is a solid deal and it has good performance.

If you want a good allround performance vehicle with 4 doors the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio for ~$1000p/m is one of the better options on the market, and is a rare vehicle.

It does sound like you’re still shopping the deals instead of the vehicle if you have such a huge variety in vehicles on your shopping list though. I’m guilty of the same, I’ve been thinking of giving my X5M to my wife and getting an A7 as I’ve always wanted one, even though it makes no sense.

Yeah, I did the same thing except that I ended up with a VW Tiguan S for $199/mo. It goes from 0 to 60 in like 10 minutes. When my lease is up in 29 months, I’m going to get a C300 or a 330i loaner, or possibly an A4, maybe even a quattro. All I’m really looking for is Carplay, push button start, keyless entry, and 4 doors because I have to shuttle kids around from one activity to another.

2 Likes

0 to 60 in 10 mins had me Laughing! Well played sir!!

1 Like

Huge shopping list cuz i want them all and dont know which one to pick. If im going to get a $100k car i better have options lol

If you don’t mind an outgoing model, you can probably get a decent deal on an S7.

Rv and mf suck, but there’s $15k lease cash, and Audi allows msd. I highly doubt 1% is achievable, but it won’t lease as bad as some of the other models you’ve listed.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be lease. Purchase is an option

How many of those cars have you actually driven so far?

If you actually want to shop the car instead of the deal, seems like you’re making the exact same mistake. Drive the cars, figure out which one you like the best, then figure out the most effective way to pay the least to get into one.

1 Like

This car will “excite” you. Guaranteed !

M550i isn’t exciting? Same 0-60 time as an M3!

He probably meant a 530.

I haven’t seen any deals listed on a 550i. Which yes, I agree, is absolutely an exciting car.