Deal is no longer available

What month did you get that amazing deal? Were there other incentives like USAA, new graduate, BMWCCA, etc. included in your deal?

Are you saying that everyone can expect you to get them a 330e for ~$328/mo with $1500 driveoff if they have corporate fleet and no other discounts? Sign me up!

Iā€™ll pay your referral / lease broker fee happily for that one!

Depending on how the rebates combine (not simple addition). Yes there were no other discounts included. The final monthly payment was 390 w/ 9% tax. (client decided to do 2k upfront instead of 1.5k). Do a simple search you will find better deals than yours. This was SOCAL btw.

I did search and hadnā€™t seen any 330e deals as good as mine in recent months. At the end of the day, our deals come out to pretty much the same amount. Yes, mine includes a corporate fleet incentive but yours was probably done in a month with better money factors and residuals. I donā€™t think my deal is ā€œcrapā€ given the current environment for BMW lease deals.

Not True, they were the same, the deal was closed end of May. Incentives were exactly the same (look on Edmunds if you donā€™t believe me). Your deal was okay but ā€˜crapā€™ considering your asking money for it. The corp could save you upwards of $40 a month.

Have you ever gotten a client a deal worse than mine? Honest question.

With your incentives, and the current pricing structure, no. If we just look at the price and donā€™t mind the incentives, yes. 450 sign and drive on one with an msrp of 55.7k (included delivery, no fleet, no conquest)

Ok, I sincerely apologize for suggesting a referral fee for my deal. It was a ā€œcrapā€ deal.

Now how about getting me that $52k 330e for $328/mo with $1500 down! I have the corporate fleet and $200 with your name on it. I have no problem paying you or anyone else on this board (even non-lease brokers that do not do this for a living) who is able to get me such a deal.

These deals are only for SOCAL just a side note, right now there are only two higher priced units left (57k). However, If you are trying this elsewhere I can provide you all the deal details. It wasnā€™t 328 it was 330 btw.

Nah, I donā€™t want details. Iā€™ve spent too much time doing research and negotiating to get to my crap deal. Looking for a deal ready to sign.

I thought you didnā€™t want your deal though, thatā€™s why you were selling it.

not sure if i agree, sharing information on this forum and doing the actual negotiations with a dealer are two different animals. If you spend a lot of time and have a deal already worked out where someone just has to walk in and sign, I think you should be somehow rewarded for it because you did all the work for that other person. So if you decide you donā€™t want the deal and let the other person have it for a small referral fee i donā€™t see anything wrong with it. The majority of people even on this forum canā€™t get anywhere near whatā€™s posted here, if you do it for them by all means get something for it if you think itā€™s fair, i personally think itā€™s fair.

1 Like

I absolutely love the American spirit or making a buck. How about, instead of paying the ā€œdeal diggerā€ donating to this website. That of course excludes deals with the brokers who do it for living. The rest of us here, hopefully are just trying to learn and sometimes share the knowledge WITHOUT making a profit. So what if you spent a lot of time researching and negotiating? You already got your reward by getting the deal, so whatā€™s the harm if you shared it with someone else? Yes, there are exceptions to any rule, thatā€™s why they are exceptions, treat them as such, but donā€™t make them a new rule, no?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a handful of guys here who can get much better deals than any of the brokers here. That is not because the brokers are bad, itā€™s because they have a different objective. Many brokers for example get paid by the dealer who refers them a sale, that referral money has to come from somewhere so itā€™s built into the price. Iā€™ve never met a broker that I canā€™t out-price myself and there are a few others on this forum who can do it as well. Iā€™m not shitting on any broker here, itā€™s a good service for many people but thereā€™s a difference between negotiating for yourself when you know what you are doing or outsourcing it to a broker who will reach out to his network and get a price that ā€œmakes everybody happyā€. Iā€™m only concerned about a price that makes ME happy and thatā€™s where the difference is.

Using a broker is a service of convenience and that service has to be rewarded. Youā€™re either paying for it yourself in the form of an upfront fee or your paying it through the ā€œdealā€ youā€™re getting, which has the cost of using a broker built in. Both ways will always be higher than if one of the really skilled guys on this forum works a deal.

So effectively what youā€™re asking is that itā€™s ok to pay a broker who will spend a lot less time on the deal as they pump out volume deals that are ā€œokā€ but just because heā€™s a broker itā€™s ok to pay him but those of us who spend many hours on the phone dealing with all the b@ullshit back and forth greasy car sales talk, shop the car for weeks across state lines, really grind the last penny out of a dealā€¦those of us who do it should just give it away and hand hold you all the way to signing the paper so that you have it so easy and in turn learn nothing where ā€œlearningā€ is the whole point of this forum?
At some point you have to step up and do your own workā€¦get out there, learn this skill, have the experience of a ā€œwinā€ yourself, feel good about accomplishing something etc ā€¦ weā€™re here to help and give away so much information which all comes at a cost of time, and my time is valuable. I do it in the spirit of ā€œgiving backā€ and ā€œsharingā€ not so that you learn nothing and just hand you the keys.

2 Likes

I think that either I did not explain my point correctly or you are missing what I am saying here. I am not advocating anyone to hand hold anyone, this forum is for educating oneself and not to come and be babysat. What I am saying is that in rare circumstance when I have worked out a great deal for myself at two different dealers and donā€™t mind sharing the information of one of them after I made my purchase or decided to move on to different car/manufacturer/dealer, whatever - have the actual buyer/deal taker donate whatever amount heā€™d be willing to pay me, just to this very website. Would this be too un-American?

2 Likes

@Nmikmik i donā€™t think it would be Un-American, one can decide to share their contacts on here if they please, itā€™s been done before.

I think what heā€™s saying is that people who come here for free help and end up with good deals because of this forum, they can just donate a couple of bucks to the site.

3 Likes

This site needs to promote donations more often. Has anyone seen the founder or Co founders lately? Also it needs more articles and that wiki that started with autobytel.com and other helpful items should be posted on the main page

They are watching us, itā€™s their Westworld :slightly_smiling_face:

ā€œā€¦itā€™s ok to pay him but those of us who spend many hours on the phone dealing with all the b@ullshit back and forth greasy car sales talk, shop the car for weeks across state lines, really grind the last penny out of a dealā€¦those of us who do it should just give it awayā€¦ā€

The problem is that if a participant of this community is making a buck off of their work, then they are wearing two hats. One of those hats would smell of the same greasy bullshit sales pitch that comes with anyone trying to make a buck on the side.

Better to keep it clean, keep it real, and not be that slimy bro who is willing to ā€œshareā€ a deal for a few hundred bucks. And if youā€™re going to donate to this site (which we all should) do it as anonymously as possible, without tying the donation into a specific deal. Lest the site start focusing on deals in exchange for donations, which corrupts the whole process of sharing information.

2 Likes