BMW_Dave - SoCal BMW Dealer - Nationwide (worldwide for used cars)

17 years leasing BMWs Dave is as good as they come.

1 Like

Dave answered questions I had (on his day off!) even though I’m located across the country from him. If I could, I’d buy from him in a second. Very helpful, and very nice.

1 Like

Dave Townsend at Murrieta BMW is like having a trusted family member in the car business. Instead of wanting to rifle through your wallet grabbing all your cash, he wants to earn your business for today and tomorrow. He’s smart, honest, responsive, and eager to help you understand the tricks, tactics, and all around crappy moves that lots of sales people use to shake a few hundred or thousands of extra bills out of you.

I found Townsend while searching BMW lease terms forum on leasehackr.com. I’m a pretty nerdy shopper, and I have a law degree. I do my homework.

I had four dealer offers for the BMW I wanted. I selected the one with the lowest price after discounts and incentives, the lowest money factor, and the least amount of fees and drive offs. It was from a BMW dealer about 40 mins from my home in West Los Angeles. I thought I was all set.

Dave Townsend’s dealership is in Murrieta a full 1 1/2 from my home. I didn’t expect he could do anything worth the trip out there, but I sent him the offer terms I had anyway, just to confirm that I’d found the best deal.

His response blew me away. He thanked me for sending him the quote and showed me hidden charges in it. Then he offered the exact car, color, and options I was looking for with significantly BETTER TERMS.

The next day, I was in Murrieta signing the papers for the car I’d been haggling over for weeks. There are so many unresponsive, dishonest, and difficult sales people in the world of buying and leasing cars, I feel like I’ve been rescued. The drive was 100% worth it.

Wherever you are, give Dave Townsend a shot to earn your business. I am so grateful to him for all of his help, patient teaching, and follow-through on his word. He’s a great guy, and I have a tremendous sense of relief.

I can finally say that I have a friend in the business who looks out for me, tells me the truth, and gets me the best deals.

10 Likes

I will echo the sentiments on this thread about, Dave - I actually jumped on the White 328d deal, Dave offered last week and drove 8 hours down to Murietta. In an out took the usual couple of hours (was hoping for quicker but paperwork always takes time). In the end, everything Dave stated was spot-on, vehicle was as described and process was painless - Dave saved me over $175/mth compared to local dealers! - Thanks Dave!

I want to give a shoutout @BMW_Dave and Thank him for taking time to provide “awesome” quote and answered all the questions with highest professionalism without making me feel pressured. Although I have not closed the deal yet, I am looking forward to show-up soon on his “buzzer-beater” Deal :joy: and building relationships going forward…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Just chiming in here! I do not consider myself a “true” leasehacker- I’m too picky about what I want and impatient (but am new to leasing and found much valuable info here and avoided being TRULY ripped off), however I was starting to feel like I’d never find the car I wanted at a price I felt was reasonable and the experiences I was having with other salespeople were frustrating to say the least! I felt completely overwhelmed and confused and ready to give up.

Dave responded to my first e-mail quite late in the evening, quickly located a car to fit my needs at another dealer, gave me the best price I’d seen RIGHT off the bat with no games, explained why it was fair and I picked it up yesterday and got to meet him and experience his fabulous service in person. He really took the time to walk me through the car and set up and explain the key features. If only there were more like him out there! As a woman, I tend to feel intimidated in situations like this. He didn’t talk down to me at all and was extremely patient. He’s a gem.

Don’t even waste your time at other dealerships, go with Dave and get your BMW experience the way it ought to be!

4 Likes

Although I have yet to get a vehicle at this time (life events, job changes, etc.), Dave has been extremely helpful and frank about the whole process.

He replies to emails in a timely manner and gives great advice. I feel fortunate to have someone with his wealth of knowledge in assisting in the purchase of a vehicle and hope to make a deal soon! There needs to be more people out there like him - no wonder he’s won so many awards!

1 Like

I found Dave through a forum called Leasehackr. Funny enough I had unbeknownst to be leased M-Sport 7 series car from the manager at BMW Murrieta, George, not 8 months earlier!

Dave immediately got to work when I told him my father was in the market for a new BMW X5. We found the terms agreeable, the price was so good that my dad made the 1 hour+ drive from Irvine to take delivery. Truly the best in all of SoCal - trust me, I checked.

Dave made my family feel welcome at the dealership and the paperwork was a breeze. All the numbers matched up and he even got us a better deal than we discussed initially!

I can’t recommend Dave and BMW of Murrieta enough as they’ve shown me time and time again that they put the customer first and provide excellent service from start to finish.

1 Like

What a great experience!

My story:
I live in New Jersey, and was negotiating a car for my cousin’s wife in NorCal (a challenging enough task). To make it more difficult, the car was a 430i convertible in Orange (which is almost impossible to find), and my cousin had a stringent budget to work with.

The search had been ongoing for probably more than 6 months. I told my cousin multiple times that it’s probably worth giving up, or else to look for a different color completely. However, his wife was really in love with this orange trim, and neither I nor my cousin wanted to disappoint her!

I emailed Dave and gave him all the details. His dealership didn’t carry the car in their stock.

There was ONE car in all of California with the specs we wanted, and Dave emailed me and asked if I wanted it. He gave an incredible deal and was so honest and transparent. He even agreed to ship the car to NorCal for a reasonable fee.

From the time I first emailed him to the time the deal was closed was less than a week. That really is incredible considering the amount of effort it took him to arrange everything.

I have no hesitation in recommending him, and believe he sets the standard for how I want to do deals in the future. Thanks, Dave!

2 Likes

I’ve taken way too long to post this but as of mid-October I am officially a member of the @BMW_Dave fan club.

I ended up doing a deal for a 2019 X3 w/M Sport, Premium, and some other options, a loaner with 2600 miles and I’m very happy given the X3 is BMW’s most popular vehicle. I was able to score a great deal with very desirable options.

So here’s how it played out. In early October I emailed Dave with an offer for the specific vehicle I liked on the lot at Murietta BMW, a loaner. I modeled my offer based on the deal that @Phantomcypher got on his X5. My offer was ~ 19% off MSRP with $500 down in addition to fees. Dave politely said that there was no way the deal I was asking for could be done and that Phantomcypher deal was not going to be easily replicated. I said OK and pursued other options… including briefly working with a recommended broker here on another vehicle. After getting close on the other vehicle but not where I needed to be, I shot Dave a message (approximately 2 weeks later), with an updated offer, this time at 15% off MSRP and with $1500 down plus fees. Not sure if the numbers just worked or the timing was right but I felt good about it. I think the leasehackr score was an 8.8.

I live in San Luis Obispo which is approximately 5 hours or more from Murietta. Dave offered to ship the vehicle for $300 and fedex the paperwork, so it all could’ve been done remotely and reasonable, and I’m sure it would’ve come off without a hitch. But my wife wanted to go pick it up and we ended up making the trek down the next day and driving back up the coast in separate cars, exchanging to break up the drive and enjoy the new beauty.

So it’s one month tomorrow and couldn’t be happier with the X3 or the purchase. I’d recommend Dave and BMW Murietta to anyone interested in getting a good (maybe great deal) on your next BMW.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Dave Townsend. I contacted him and he gave me a no nonsense bottom line quote. For cross reference I worked with another dealer and it was like pulling teeth to get to where Dave was right from the get.

You want a BMW? He is the most painless way to get one. He’s your guy. Thanks Dave for the good work and how you go about it.

2 Likes

I am BEYOND happy with my new 530e. Dave is, BY FAR, the best person I’ve ever dealt with and I will be loyal to him moving forward. He is not your typical “car salesman” and is very upfront and will go after what you’re looking for. Being in sales myself, it is always difficult for me to purchase a vehicle as I can NOT stand being sold. He won’t do that. Do yourself a favor, and go to Dave.

1 Like

Just had my first interaction with Dave to get a quote for a 3 Series Gran Turismo. He responded to my inquiry within 10 minutes. Couldn’t be more impressed with his professionalism.

1 Like

Dave is the man! I leased two cars from him within one month of each other (and helped me friend lease another from him) and the process couldn’t be easier. The drive from Los Angeles was well worth it each time - he made sure things were ready to go and always took great care of us. He’s upfront, transparent, and doesn’t try to feed you any sort of BS. Can’t recommend going to Dave enough if you’re in the market for a BMW!

1 Like

Got a car from Dave a few weeks ago (ex loaner X1) and it was a seamless transaction - he was a straight-shooter, no BS, friendly, and efficient. I shopped around with various socal BMW internet salespeople and Dave was the only one who seemed to not be shady and less than forthright. Would highly recommend working with him for your next BMW. Thanks Dave!

1 Like

Just leased a 2018 M3 from Dave, great guy with no BS. Highly recommend working with him and making the drive if you are a distance away. Dave is extremely patient and fought to get the deal and terms that I wanted.

The deal I made with Dave did not even come close to what the other dealers were offering me on the same vehicle. Once at the dealership we received excellent customer service and the entire process was smooth from start to finish!

3 Likes

Would love to see the deal

Would also love to see the numbers on this!

I have tried to get a hold of Dave several times for the past many many months to do deals but never an email answered. Should i take it personal Dave lol… Please check your email from Your Auto Advocate.
Thanks