Current lease ends soon: Looking at F-Type, Audi S5, Q60 Red Sport, or Ghibli

Currently leasing a 2015 Q60S and my lease expires soon. Was wondering if any of the above cars are within my target budget?

Would prefer 12k/36 month lease or even 15k/36 month lease.

I am wanting to keep monthly payments under 700 if possible. Also, I live in Texas so I will have to pay full sales tax.

I understand that the 1% rule is sort of what to aim for and all of the cars mentioned above appear to be able to be had for under 70k.

Find a dealer with tax credits so you don’t have to pay full tax.

Add the C43 to your list.

I wasn’t aware that tax credits were on a dealer by dealer basis.

Do I just walk in/call them and ask if they have tax credits available?

you can toss out the Q60 red sport for lease (coupe doesn’t lease as well as the sedan q50), Audi doesn’t lease so well but that’s a beautiful car so if you lease it considering buying lease end, and add the c43 to your list, f type there may be deals still

JFC, if you don’t know how to negotiate, search for “How to negotiate” in this forum and do some reading.

You never, ever “just walk in”

1 Like

Oh I understand the necessary process of negotiating. If possible, I prefer to do everything via email but many dealerships don’t like to play that game.

What I wasn’t aware of is that negotiating tax credits was possible. I did a search both on here and on google and I’m not seeing a lot coming up specifically on that topic.

Then you don’t play with those dealers.

This comment was specific to BMWFS but it should apply to all captive lease companies:

I’m a repeat leaser through BMWFS, and I can tell you that (in theory at least) sales tax credits are always available. Keep in mind that in TX, sales tax is paid on the net purchase cost (after trade-in). BMWFS is the owner of the leased vehicles, and lease returns are effectively “trade-ins”. How they allocate the trade credit (and therefore, the sales tax credit) is apparently up to them.

To reduce the net cost of leasing, you should always try to work them into the deal.

As was the case in your situation, dealers and BMWFS will use these credits as a marketing tool (just like a rebate or any other manufacturer incentive). They won’t tell you about them unless they have to or need to - why should they, if you’re willing to do the deal without it, they’ll save if for the next customer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had no idea that was even possible. This forum is already proving invaluable.