Confusing quotes from Dealer - 2019 Terrain

Newbie here. They keep throwing different sale price on Terrain SLE. We liked their internet price but they wont honor it and keep changing it for the exact same car. First they were very excited to sell the car for 25k+ out the door. Once I mentioned “leasing” and they through the outrageous breakdown with 6k down and raised the price. Didnt agree so now they said 315 (third quote) a month but rebates are reflected in savings. Which means they are only taking 115$ discount on their end. It’s crazy. Is their anything I can do or ask for, or is it all too shady and just walk away?

Personally I would crop these images to remove your full name, phone no, etc

The last one is not a lease, so not comparable.

Just realized. Thanks

I know one isn’t a lease. I am wondering if its typical to change the sales price over 4k more when you mention you want to lease? I know rebates change from finance to lease but also the dealer price?

The one with the $25,845 sale price is a different VIN and stock # from the ones with the lease quotes.

It is. They just grab any SLE for the quote purpose. W

Tell them to F off with their door guard and zaktek ultimate. Ask for free lifetime blinker fluid refills.

1 Like

Dealer will giveth a bigger discount, but then taketh with high apr. Since you are a monthly payment shopper, chances that you will pay off the truck immediately are very low.

Also, rebates are applied differently, if at all.

Lol. Yeah it all looks very wrong. I am learning off this site but I am very new to all of it. I was just confused if it’s normal to automatically change Price from finance to lease. Again I understand incentives may change but wasn’t sure why there was such a difference in sales price and discount.

I would walk away…the rebate on the lease price and the sale price is different but this looks like a clear case of trying to decrease RV to bite more off you.

Thank you for the advise.

Your mistake is one that most folks make… they allow the dealer to control the deal. Never ever allow the dealer to control. Learn as much as your can about leasing. A good place to begin is on this website. Here’s a start…

Always Control the Deal

2 Likes

They promise 3115 off MSRP qside from rebate.I’m new to this but I don’t see it reflected? It is on a 2019 SLE Terrain. Help!!!

They not giving much of a dealer discount push for at lease 10% before incentives.

Excuse my ignorance but what line on there indicates the current discount? Not the rebate of course.

Put the rebates off to the side for a minute MSRP is $29,740 u wan’t a at least a 10% discount off of the MSRP price first tell them u need a selling price of $26,766 then apply your 3K rebate.

Log into this page and find out what the RV and MF are for the lease term you want. The 24/10 quote they gave you looks like the money factor may have been inflated a little. Also the other lease quotes have calculated the tax wrong for NYS. Educate your self on leasing as much as possible so that those quote sheets start to make more sense. Other things to note, this month GMC is doing supplier pricing for everyone which is about 4% off MSRP to start. $500 doc fee is way to high, and if this is NY I believe this can only be a max of $75.

That’s impossible. If dealer messes with RV, the contract would be rejected and they would potentially lose the sale if buyer backed out.

Dealer can never touch RV

1 Like

MA doc fees are $495. Sucks