Common Courtesy Goes a Long Way

People do not read and do not pay attention. They see crazy deals from a year ago and set them as a target. Then go to brokers/dealers with unrealistic expectations. It is not about locking threads or posting in bold font.

1 Like

Yea this is why I get miffed when random newbies critique dealer ads as not “hackr worthy”. A hackr deal is a deal you hack, not something someone deserves because they found the website. Part of me wishes the marketplace was made private for members with a minimum amount of posts or time spent reading the forum but I’m sure that wouldn’t be good for business.

5 Likes

Nah - your wife wouldn’t be jealous of your mistress - the 320i is the stripper model lol …
If you parked a 740i, then she would get mad …

5 Likes

I’ve thought of this as well. I’m not overly fond of how this site is organized (and I mean no disrespect to the site owners). It doesn’t seem very efficient, to me at least. There are so many posts at this point however, it would take a major undertaking and a ton of man hours to reorganize it more efficiently + effectively.

As an example, my opinion for the brokers that run deals here is to have a new thread for every month. In other words, @chevysalesgirl (just as an example), would open up a new thread each month, and the old thread should be locked. MF, Residuals, yada yada yada change, so the old month is irrelevant and a data point at this juncture. Likewise, who is going to read all 86,000 posts in that thread over the last year to find 1 nugget of info they’re looking for, which would (theoretically) also cut down on the “hey, can you let me know if…” questions which have already been asked and answered 1,000 times previously in the thread.

Majority rules though, and the people have spoken…keep it in 1 thread. It’s only 1 guy’s opinion.

4 Likes

And when a few months later this deal suddenly becomes even better - what do you with " NOT ABLE TO BE REPLICATED " statement in the locked thread? You will be called a liar LOL

That’s how the majority of Marketplace threads are…Tricia’s thread is an exception rather than the norm

Okay these are not words in stone, I am using a general idea. And the day I see someone on this site pissed off to get a 90k f-type for $300 is the day cows fly. Shoot I would take being called a liar everyday if I can sell $100 i3’s again

Right…but many are not locked…they’re updated for the latest month. Lock them, and start a new thread for the next month. You lose the data point by updating. @chevyphil is another example of the never ending thread (not a knock at you Phil…just the way it is).

I swear I remember at some point last year that was the decision…keep everything in 1 thread. Then, at some point, it changed. Maybe I’m dreaming though. At any rate, it’s very inconsistent as it stands now.

1 Like

That’s brutal :frowning: - I’m very sorry

Any $100 i3’s available?
I have loyalty.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Bi-weekly payments $8000 down, let’s make it happen

10 Likes

Thats a great deal!
I bet you’re chilling at work right now, I should swing by so we can take a look at the car together.

As an aside, boy did this thread go off the rails in relation to the OPs post :joy:

3 Likes

@ OP: This sucks and happens almost every month. I have even had people apply for credit at dealer and then walkaway to another dealer just because they were dealing with them or they had the color of choice. Specially with members who just join the forums, you have to be really careful.

I really like the idea of the wall of shame as i have a list that i would like to post as well, but then again, they can create new ID’s to come back. Stuff like this not only damages the brokers relationship with his dealer which is already so hard to set but also hurts the rest of the members getting deals as well.

BTW, What was this guys real ID before he became anonymous ?

I agree, but it was a topic everyone was thinking, but no one discussed it

and you opened the floodgates!!! Well done! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried to stay in the same thread by replacing the month on the title and posting an update. ONLY because I thought creating a new thread would clutter even more space for the forums. I am not so sure how this IT stuff works but if you guys prefer that we post a new thread every month, that should be good. May be add to the rules on initial post ?

1 Like

Problem with that bud is that a lot of people are only coming to the market place because they have learnt of it from news articles, other forums ( edmunds etc) and they only come to look for the specific car they want. They already have a quote in hand which is crazy high and then they try to find the deal in market place if it is, then they take it to dealer, actually show them the market place post and ask to match. What happens next is it mostly gets rejected by dealers and then they come back here as a last resort.

I recall that guy posting his bmw i3 for a lease take over his located in Los Angeles.

1 Like

Don’t believe a wall of shame is going to be productive. We need to aim for efficiency and prioritize the forum’s health/utility rather than unnecessary harassment.

7 Likes