Common Courtesy Goes a Long Way

Off-Ramp…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, that too…oops :grin:

(I know this is not the PM conversation but to me this is an obvious one that could be fixed quickly)

Change the search feature to sort by Latest Post by default. The current default is by Relevance which I’m guessing weights thread views, likes and number of comments very highly which means that when someone searches it’ll often bring up the post with the best deal but it’s almost certainly very old and out of date. Best example is search for NSX with Latest Post or Relevance.

Auto locking older threads with a final post saying this information is very old and does not apply to the current vehicle market is another good idea, as you can still open a new thread and link to the old topic as reference instead of random old threads being zombified.

1 Like

No dignity. Only happened to me once, but I lost a deal for sub $1, on a $800 / month X5. I just started laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

3 Likes

TH’s are like a committee on this forum, I trust our friendly neighborhood bear will lead us in the right direction. If it’s an integral part of how the website’s design and functionality is ran on a daily basis that’s when they will step in. After all there is a reason why they are “Trusted”.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Not sure what was the real reason other than being in the right place at the right time. Just look at @vhooloo - we have to trust his cracked crystal balls??? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Savage… Nowhere is safe.

3 Likes

There’s probably a fair amount of limitation imposed by the software itself: https://payments.discourse.org/

That’s literally what I thought I was going to do when I signed up yesterday but now I’m obsessively researching leases like I’m going to become some lease hero for my friends and family after I take care of my upcoming lease. When I got here yesterday I was just thinking “wow, why the hell would these people just sit around and talk about leases all day.” But now I’m hooked on the strategy and mathematics of it all. I’m also the kind of guy who has 5,000 plus posts on a BMW forum though so I usually find a home and hang out for a bit.

10 Likes

You could call him and just ask him WHY
Tell him you want to make sure there’s nothing that was said/done wrong on your end that you can improve
When you’re done and off the phone, laugh at his bs

And i think its safe to say he is reading this thread as a “visitor” and probably in incognito mode LOL

1 Like

I was thinking if a deal is local and you get paid on the back end, would it be possible to execute a little agreement stating something along the lines of customer paying a fee if he purchases a car from the same dealership where the broker operates?

Stories like this are why I abhor the vast majority of newbies. They are solely in it for themselves and want to be spoonfed. Best of all, they nearly never return the favor. I realize that there is already a minimum amount of reading required before posting is available, but I wish it were lengthened to something like an hour. The number of wanted ads, questions about awful quotes with massive down payments, or just overall stupid questions would be cut down significantly.

5 Likes

It is addicting isn’t it? I’m 2 years away from my next lease and I still come here daily just to say what the trends are and to return the favor and help those who are just stepping out in the leasing world.

16 Likes

You aren’t going to track that money down.

I think he’s saying broker had a deal with dealer X. If purchaser circumvents broker and buys direct from dealer X instead, broker still gets his fee baked into contract via handshake agreement with dealer X.

2 Likes

Ugh. Yes it is. I’ve been on here for hours this morning stalking posts about brokers or reading their interactions with other members :joy:

I had a friend over last night and she’s looking to lease soon and I was sharing all the info I’ve learned about leasing and even on the forums searching for posts on specific models for her. I’m sure she was thrilled that leasing was the topic of conversation :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The wife loves it! She knows all about RV’s and MF’s. :rofl:

Your experience, as you can see, is not unique. I was starting my search for a replacement lease, about 5 months ago and ended up here. Glad I did too! got a smoking deal on my car!

This place attracts a certain type of crazy. I happen to fall in that bucket as well. Best of luck on your car search!

4 Likes

I can stop anytime.

My wife is only interested in this insofar as it benefits her once every 3 years.

4 Likes

This is what all addicts say.

11 Likes

Already working a steady stream of Stelvio pics into the conversation. She doesn’t know it yet, but she has picked that car for her next SUV. :rofl:

6 Likes