Cheap Kia Stingers are on the way

If I had a yellow Stinger I’d have to find a way to get the old Jordan F1 Buzzin Hornets livery on it.

buzzin

It’s beautiful.

It’s in Nor Cal

What’s the monthly payment?

Hands down, i would take that deal in a heartbeat

Got this deal on Honcker, I’m really tempted but I wish it were a GT1 or a GT2
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 Kia Stinger GT Base with Safety package

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MSRP: 40k
Zero Drive off with $342 per month
Region: Nor-cal bay area
Leasehackr Score:

Don’t post the same thing twice.

2 Likes

Three times. Didn’t he post it up there earlier?

Either way, no one can tell him to lease it. It’s a great offer, lowest I’ve ever seen, super jealous that it even exists.

My only recommendation is to not buy the yellow one. Steer clear of it.

May be why that deal is so good, it’s the yellow stinger… The one with paint issues.

1 Like

are other people with yellow stingers having issues with the paint?

This is indeed the lowest I could ever find. The downside is that it’s yellow so I’m gonna have to roll with it.

Everyone is having problems with the paint. Of 500 built, 400 owners were notified. I think the other 100 were most likely not yet sold.

So yes, 100 percent of sunset yellow owners have had the issue. It isn’t relegated to the US alone, Australian owners had the same issue.

This is all well documented. Google is your friend!

1 Like

Well the issue is about premature cracking, particularly upon impact from debris. And they are paying for a respray and additional warranty on the paint, at a high cost too. So there’s really no downside, it’s quite possible that it already got sprayed since this was announced in July.

1 Like

They took the Stingers with defected paint off sale and you can’t even buy a buyback ones. It’s a lease anyway, so who cares.

I dunno about the buyback ones, but the deal seemed to be that they weren’t making more yellow ones, it was a limited edition color. If you took a buyback you could get any color but yellow. If you took a respray they repainted it yellow with a lifetime warranty, and I believe gave you some money for your troubles too. All told the entire fix was about $10,000 per car. So if there’s one on a lot somewhere I’m curious what the deal is. Did it get sprayed already? Will it need to be? Is there a stop sale on it and the dealer doesn’t know, or maybe they do know, and plan on using it as some kind of bait and switch? I wouldn’t put it past a Kia dealer.

The issue arose from the fact that Kia had limited experience painting aluminum panels. The hood of my car was peppered with peeling and cracking paint from light driving so it was definitely defecective.

Also, there is NO additional warranty added to the paint. I don’t know where people for this idea, but Kia was very specific to say that the respray did not negatively affect the active warranty, but we did not get an extended one. Still 36 months, 36k miles.

My understanding was that it was a supplier issue, defective ingredients in the yellow paint they purchased. And the car got no extra warranty, but the paint was given a lifetime warranty against defects after respray.

Not a lifetime warranty.

I actually believe the total cost per respray exceeds 10k per car. Considering that it’s been aost 7 weeks that my car has been in the body shop and I still don’t have it back…

Everyone’s experience with this has been different, some better than others. Mine has been pretty poor overall. A lot of people have been rejecting the respray because of clear coat overspray, mismatched bumpers with body panels, damaged weather stripping, among other things.

Just saying, the respray hasn’t been an effective solution because Kia Corporate entrusted Kia dealers to coordinate the whole thing and we’ll, do you think Kia dealers have the relationships with the highest quality body shops out there?

Personally, I think the whole thing is a mess.

3 Likes

What loaner did they give you? Don’t tell me Forte lol… Did you think about taking the buyback instead?

They claimed a supplier issue… But honestly, yellow isn’t the only color experiencing this problem. I think Kia of avoiding recognizing the other colors. Yellow was easy, only 400 we’re out there.

The Australian owners had be shared more on some of the forums. They said the investigation found the paint process to have been in incorrect for the type of metal the car is made of.

Yes, the warranty covers the respray and any defect from it, but the warranty runs as normal. From reading the package Kia sent me, my impression was that the respray would not affect the warranty, but it would still run out after 3 years.

1 Like

I think it’s similar to the way you get a “lifetime” corrosion warranty on some cars, which exceeds the regular and powertrain obviously. Did they end up cutting you a check for your troubles? They should probably give you more if it’s been almost two months.