Can we just ban bad new users?

Well duh, don’t you know Porsches lease poorly???!!! :man_facepalming:

The minute a Porsche leases well, I am sure every married male will go tell their wife who has demanded 4 doors and family features to eat it. Divorce rates will skyrocket.

Maybe there is a way to hold new users (less than 30 days or 30 posts) posts in a queue to be cleared or sent back for modifying before it will be approved for posting?

Good thing I am not new anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, but what to do with all folks who just got a quote and found LeaseHacker at last moment? Are we not going to allow them to ask opinions about their lease proposals?
Then even famous Accord thread would never happend.

4 Likes

Agreed. Except he didn’t just get a quote, he signed the deal :rofl: I think there is already a cap for new users on post per day, right?

Meanwhile…

WHERE ARE YOUR DEALS AND CAN I HAS THEM ???

I propose a section called “Rate my Lease”.

Also I’ve done that. I did it because my dealer didn’t break it out like everyone else gets theirs broken out - it was a nightmare to finally get a monthly number and I was confused and just wanted some level of confirmation.

1 Like

People don’t really read anymore. I’d love to make a video or podcast for people to watch.

Perhaps a “How to use Leasehackr Calculator” video?

6 Likes

Interesting idea. Guarantee the comments will include questions you covered in the video.

2 Likes

If they don’t want to read they will not watch. They want instant answers.

3 Likes

That would be awesome 99% of time when I get “your numbers don’t add up to calculator” its because they input it wrong.

3 Likes

Quiz as mentioned wouldn’t be a bad idea, sounds like fun too.

Can we request the ban of bad current users, too?

1 Like

Isn’t banning current users is upto mods?

We may eliminate 20% of stupid questions with a sticky in the Ask the Hackers thread pointing them to Edmunds for MF/RV.

Half the time they leave the default residual in there, they want it :spoon: fed!

2 Likes

TIL there is a spoon emoji.

1 Like

You overestimate their power.

I really miss @Eric_N such a pleasant guy, only 990+ years to go

3 Likes

I was just thinking about this. We have so many people fishing around to locate the dealer and car to work around our fee. Can we block IP addresses of those people? h

1 Like

We should just ban people who disagree with us and when we’re feeling especially vile? Dox the ones we don’t like!

3 Likes