Building new lease exchange/swap site *Feedback Wanted*

I have been working on a new lease exchange/swap site and wanted to get your feedback on how we can best differentiate it from swapalease and leasetrader.

Some of the ideas we are workshopping include:

• Free basic postings for non-dealer users
  • Ads based approach - we run Google/Bing PPC ads specific for your vehicle on our site for a fee.
  • Gallary to search and surf dealer lease deals in your region
  • Free to join as a potential buyer (some platforms charge for this)

What pain points have you experienced with these other platforms?
What features should we include that would make you want to use the site to post and/or get into a lease?
What do you think of the ads based approach to help you market your vehicle (would you pay for this and why/whynot)?

We’re open to all feedback, positive and negative. I’ve had a few rough experiences with swapalease and lease trader and thought the time has come to build something that helps solve this problem for all partiers instead of taking advantage of and preying on those stuck in bad leases.

Thanks!

Would it be counter-intuitive to include the ability to leave comments on ads? Too much room for abuse?

I’ve used swapalease quite a bit and taken over two leases. My biggest frustration is paying for an account to get contact information, and then having several of those contacts not respond. Some way to penalize people who list and never respond or credit the person who is trying to contact them would be nice.

2 Likes

Number one need of the transacting parties is “security” while exchanging property and money. You may want to offer escrow service/insurance or a service in those lines that will give users peace of mind. Thinking out loud, In the future you may even offer lease transfer as a service to banks and manufacturers. I am sure they will be happy to outsource if you can do it for less than what it costs to them now.

Make a good, usable app for it.
The swapalease app flat out doesn’t work for me. It has many great search options, which would be helpful if they worked. They also have way too large of a price search. My lowest option is $0-$500. That’s a HUGE gap.
While not your competitor, also play with the Honcker app to see what is good/bad about it. A huge oversight in that one is not being able to search or even sort by payment.

I think so, Interesting idea but it would get abused if they were public

Great idea. I guess they think paying for a “buyer account” helps eliminate spam but there are better ways to do that in 2018.

2 Likes

interesting idea. Might be some legs here. Every transaction I did on swapalease always made me nervous like I could be scammed at any minute.

Thanks, great idea. This will use a modern framework. Swapalease looks like it’s still in 2000.

1 Like

Second a great app.