Bolt EV April Lease

@chevysalesgirl Don’t let @vhooloo bother you, he is like the gate keeper around here lol. He will make sure your facts are right and he participates in a lot of discussions, As long as you continue having good specials and posting open and honest details, he’ll be your buddy lol.

2 Likes

I believe your monthly term is incorrect and should be 36 instead of 24.

1 Like

thanks, I always use that structure and copy and pasted from my 24/mo cruze special.

lol thanks guys! I just didn’t want to say anything when someone’s questioning my pricing but I do this every day :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks @AJ_Jaison for telling me about this site :smile:

2 Likes

@chevysalesgirl they’ll question everything until we prove ourselves as a trusted source of info and one of the “good guys”, but do you blame them? I know we would too. But it’s really a great group of really smart people.
If you continue having low prices and being transparent you’ll get a lot of business on here and happy customers will share their experiences with you, like they have for me. Welcome to LeaseHackr.

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was excited for new Bolt EV lease incentives finally! Glad to share

3 Likes

Not a good trend for the Bolt. Good for buyers though.

1 Like

Yeah that article is super annoying. She even said she was going over the speed limit and a long trip. California wants to add 4000 DC fast charge stations statewide, and there is a push to add over 40,000 nationwide. I drove from the dealership in Buena Park off the 5 and Beach Blvd, all the way to south Huntington Beach, which is like a 13 mile stretch on streets. The Bolt EV I was delivering to my customer went UP a charge mile during that trip thanks to regenerative breaking. And it’s not like I was being super gentle on the gas pedal either. Things she probably didn’t factor into that drive would have also been radio and air conditioning usage which can affect range.

Even so doing the math… say it gets 200 miles away (which it gets more but lets be pessimistic)
if you travel 20 miles to work each way, that’s 40 miles per day round trip. Meaning you only charge your Bolt once every 5 days… so for someone to compare the cost of a few dollars of electricity versus $10 in gas per day times 5 days… that’s $50… per week. another $200 per month just on gas versus the minimal electricity a good solid full charge can do.

1 Like

Your gas/electricity comparison is unfair. Your $10/day for gas is assuming gas is $3.33/gal and your car gets only 13mpg, which is pretty unrealistic.

1 Like

It costs under $5 to charge the car overnight.
If you commuted 100 miles each way to work… $10 there… $10 back…

That’s still $20 to $5…

and a lot of my customers charge their vehicles for free at work so then it’s even cheaper.

1 Like

Any way to get these to Arizona?

“It costs under $5 to charge the car overnight.”

I’m confused by your charging estimates. How much does your power company charge per kwh? Up here in the Conejo Valley, we’re paying .30/kwh from the crooks at SCE.

How many kWh does the Bolt hold?

The BOLT is 60 kwh and you can charge from Solar, which would be less than .30/kwh :slight_smile: [After you spend the 15k for installation]

The Bolt is a no brainer when it comes to daily transportation. I may quibble about the lease price and the dealer fees but it is a nice car, well executed technically and as with all cars, will soon be affordable.

As soon as the leases get to 250 a month, I am getting one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just wait til the Model 3 comes out…Chevy will need to pay people to take the Bolts off their hands.

1 Like

I am no GM fan and I hope it does not come to that. Tesla stock price hit $300 today (more than GM). I think there will be plenty of room for both Bolt, Volt and Model 3, S etc. Just different needs for different vehicles.

Also, Tesla always severely over promises. So the just wait till Model 3 comes out in significant numbers could be quite a long wait :slight_smile:

In a perfect world then, it would cost you $18 to charge a fully discharged car.

As an aside, when I looked into this with another EV the all-in charging costs weren’t all that compelling compared to gasoline on a similarly sized car.

If you want to save the planet then go for it. If you think you are saving money then I believe you need to keep figuring.

I suspect most buyers will be waiting a while

One of the things that really annoys me about EVs is the claimed MPGe which I found out is based on the CHEMICAL fuel equivalence between gasoline and electricity.

The stated MPGe of my i3 is somewhere around 118 or so but in practice (in high cost PG&E land, without a special EV meter, and comparing against Costco gas) the actual cost savings are about 2x over a non EV that is rated at 29.5 mpg. (vs 4x insinuated by the MPGe).

That being said I love the way my i3 rides and will seriously look at a Bolt when my i3 lease is up in 14 months.

2 Likes

Those “cost savings” (actually fuel savings) aren’t inclusive of the higher priced EV. My impression when you do an all-in analysis is that a similarly sized gasoline vehicle costs about the same to operate. Of course if you get a $98 EV lease payment then those big subsidies really help in the costs.

SCE offers TOU plans (time of use) which offer “super off peak” rates as low as about $0.13 / kWh.

I’ve been driving Nissan Leafs for over 5 years and commute M-F daily 30 miles one way (60 round trip). My monthly SCE bill for last month was under $100 (Winter is lower than Summer). When I first started driving an EV 5 years ago I remember anxiety at how much my monthly bill would go up. Switched to TOU plan and my bill is only slightly more than it was before. Keep in mind that I used to pay over $300 / mo in gas for my Chevy Trailblazer at the time. The gas savings alone paid for the entire cost of the Nissan Leaf for me.

1 Like