Sale price - $55,000
Residual - 58%
Money factor - 0.000783
Doc fee - $95
Registration fee - $450
Acquisition fee - $925
Sales tax - 6.625%

12,000 mile/year; 36 months

$597/month; total COD $3823(fees + tax + first month)

Is the sales price inclusive of any lease cash? That MF is wrong. Buy rate is .00188, and the lowest you could go would be .00153 with 7 MSDs. Is this new or a loaner?

Thank you for that.

I’m not sure what you mean by inclusive of lease cash, do you mind clarifying?

This is a loaner

Thanks again

Are there any incentives included in the sales price, and if so, what is the breakdown?

How many miles on it?

3031 miles. No incentives; I do not qualify for anything

Not a bad deal. You’re at about 17% off. Id shoot for another 1-2 off, and if you have the cash up front, put down MSDs to buy down the interest a bit.

They’re telling me they can’t do MSD’s for this because it’s in NY?

I’m registering the car in NJ; not sure if that’s true though.

NY doesn’t allow MSDs, but I thought you could do them if registering in NJ…I can’t remember for sure.

Ah okay, thanks.

Yeah that’s what the dealer said; that they can’t do MSD’s

If I remember correctly, New York dealers are limited to a maximum deposit amount (say $750). However, most NY dealers act like they can’t take MSDs. Whether that is actually correct or not, the reality is that NY dealers don’t do MSDs.

Thanks for the insight

Doesn’t matter where registering. No NY dealer can do MSDs. I had this recently with an Audi dealer in NY who couldn’t do MSDs despite my friend registering out of state.

Got them to come down to $580 a month, should I pull the trigger?

Still seems a little high for a loaner especially with $3,800 DAS…got a new one with a $66k MSRP for $589/month in NY last month.

I would shop around and there are a ton of loaner X5 out there and if you have the extra cash, the MSDs will save you $30/month or so but would have to shop outside NY. I had pretty good numbers come back from Freehold and Tenafly BMW on loaners.

No matter what, I would roll the tax into the payment.

Thanks Britten, I’ve actually tried both Freehold and Tenafly.

Both quoted much higher, would it be possible to PM me the dealership you worked with?

$589 new is crazy…

There are great X5 lead deals in SOCAL too. My friend just leased one for $599 after taxes.

Yes, I got lucky…was held for awhile and the buyer fell through on the 28th. I wanted driver assist and was one of few I could find in the entire east coast. Keep in mind there were better MF and incentives last month too.

I got it through BMW of Manhattan suprisingly… super straight forward and easy to deal with. Check to see what they have. No MSDs the only drawback,

What about Park Ave? They usually get pretty aggressive. Think 18%-19% off MSRP before rebates is where you want to be.

$580/month is pretty good so I don’t want to discourage you. Loaners are tough as you have little control over options and colors so grab it if you like it. If you are settling at all, look around and see if the end of the month gives you anymore leverage. If you aren’t picky about options, you may be able to do better with new especially with the $1,000 BMW CCA rebate, which loaners aren’t eligible for, and no reduced residual.

Really appreciate the insight here. Will keep you updated!
Park Ave was only willing to go to 12%

Wow… how things have changed in a couple of weeks. 15% off was baseline once they knew you had some clue.

Good luck and make sure to post the deal you ultimately go with and a picture of the new ride.

Still dealing but I got my monthly down to $564 with $500 less DAS.