BMW X3 M40i for Girlfriend on Xmas

We went test driving last week and settled on a 2019 X3 M40i xdrive or whatever the hell it is called. Against my natural instinct of LEASE THE 2018 THERE IS NO MATERIAL DIFFERENCE, the inventory for a 2018 is pretty slim and embarrassingly optioned.

We looked at 2 dealers so far in the Phoenix area. One deal we got was pretty poor; I’m thinking these do not lease well because they’re low volume. They wanted all taxes and fees 0$ DAS on $60,895 at $890/ month. The ‘discount’ which is online and not included in our price puts it at $58,459. There are better cars in the $900-$1000 bracket but she likes this thing.

The MF is .002222 (I believe), 59% Residual. 10k/year I’d be coming in with loyalty credit since I own a BMW.

I am going to offer to lease at an MSRP of $54500, not sure if I can negotiate the MF (they said I couldn’t), but will be gunning for ~$650-700s on this car. Is this possible? I know this isn’t the 1% rule. Also, Arizona has pretty expensive registration/sales taxes.

Thanks

U will probably have better luck looking in the SO CAL market.

The money factor is .00182, and if they’re marking it up to .00222 then it is negotiable

2 Likes

Get the poorly optioned 2018. You’ll want to find out sooner rather than later if your gf is willing to leave you over options on a free car.

3 Likes

Two Threads Down:

They give those out as loaners. You might get a really really good deal. Here’s a photo from last week.

1 Like

Go to southern CA. Look for loaners.

Hi,

Thanks for this.

I will be in LA for the holidays and will start looking around.

@ArizonaSucks I’m in AZ as well. Most SoCal BMW dealers wont do AZ deals. Call Greg Poland or email him at pacific bmw. He is one of the only ones that will do blow out deals for AZ customers and is amazing to deal with. Best car buying experience. I’ve done 6 leases with him living in AZ. Always several hundred per month less than chapman, etc. He offered me an amazing deal on an m40i loaner but i got another bmw from him instead.

I reached out Crevier and they just sold their last 2018 during the time I was emailing them a deal. These things are moving. This is the 2nd time so far a 2018 moved the same day I went (or the dealers are lying to get me into a 2019).

On $60,895 on a '19, we got it down to $805 all in, tax/fees $0 DAS 10k a year. AZ has very high car taxes.

Overall, not super proud of the deal, but she finished her fellowship and wanted to get a ‘doctor’ car.

It came down to the fact I was informed “maybe flying to LA to look at cars, drive 7 hours back is fun for you but I really don’t care to do that.” After we bought the car, we drove it to LA and up California 1 for Christmas and put 1500 miles on it… yeah… dont want to drive to LA…

Very nice car for the price point. Im happy with the performance and options. I would recommend it, definitely.