BMW Service Vehicle Lease - smokin’ deal vs new Honda Accord

Hi Y’all, I got a smokin’ deal on a 2016 BMW 528i Sport (56K car) with 5K miles 2 summers ago July 2016, and was able to lease it as brand new w/ full new service warranty with 3 years 10K miles per year with only $2K Total out of pocket and $399/m!!! I couldn’t believe it. Not sure if that is an ongoing summer blowout on loaner/service vehicles or what, but I jumped on it.

Anyway, I’ve been less than pleased with BMW service, and was looking at the brand new redesigned Honda Accords which are Beautiful and have an array of amazing new features including this thing where if you start veering off course within the lines, the wheel does a quasi Tesla like override and keeps you on course, around the curves. It was amazing. Plus auto cruise and braking where it’ll brake if you get too close in cruise or even coming up on on someone at a light, etc. It worked amazing on my test drive.

The BMW lease comes due in a few months and I’m trying to see if that crazy BMW lease deal was just right time right place kind of deal, or if that is reasonable to expect to find that again.

Also, I got quotes on the Honda Accord touring lease which is a 34K car, and it was over $520/m w/ $1K down LOL. What the heck?

Advice and feedback please!

1 Like

You forgot to mention which model bmw it was.

It may be crazy bad deal, depending on a model (like 007 said)

2 Likes

What’s been the issue with the service?

LOL duh!!! It’s a 528i
Sorry about that!

They give you lip service. Sloppy work. Not done right the first time. Have to take back and full of excuses. Long lead times on repair. Hard to schedule oil changes. Basically they do the bare minimum and make it like they’re doing you some big favor to even help you.

Maybe try another dealer for service? :thinking:

Previous to a week ago there was no other dealer within 2 hours. Now they just finished building a new dealership 30 min further. It’s almost 45 min of a drive each way which is annoying. And I feel for a premium product one should not have to even deal with the notion of searching for a dif dealer for service.

use google/yelp and saw the horrible reviews at Brooklyn Mercedes… I drive my car over an hour in traffic each way to a different service center… well worth it to not have to worry about being ripped off etc…

Your service center is new… so not sure about finding reviews… but they probably want to start off well. So it may be worth it.

Here’s the best advice I can give you:

Don’t be this guy.

Wait til you get an Alfa :smiling_imp:

Dont they give you a loaner?

lol hopefully the Alfa/Maserati dealer that’s 5 minutes away from me will give me decent service on my Giulia if anything goes wrong

I feel ya but not all dealers are created equally…no matter the brand.

I have the same BMW model and got a CPO as well however I financed it to keep.
It was a smokin deal because they dropped a $60k car down to $30k and the monthly finance was 0.9% for 60 months. CPO extended warranty plus they threw in an extra year of maintenance including brakes.

Within the past 2 years, the interest rates have risen and subsequently the MF as well.

I’d doubt you could find such a deal on another BMW.

BTW: change BMW service centers if one is not making you happy - I had to find a different one and since then they have been top notch!

1 Like

Good feedback. Thank you. Yea, it just stinks to have to drive 45 min instead of 10 min for service.

Anyone on here looking at leases LATELY on the 2018 BMW 528i or 2018 Honda Accord touring? Would really like to know what kind of quotes/deals people are seeing.

Entry level Honda leases can be OK but the upper trims are usually atrocious

In general BMW leases today are much worse than they were when you got your 528i. BMW made a lot of changes and almost everyone of them made leases more expensive. There is no way you are going to replicate that deal today. In most cases people are happy getting their payment to around 1% of MSRP on a BMW. So for a $56K BMW you’d be looking at a payment closer to $550-$600.

The new Accord got great press and Honda decided people would buy them no matter what. Their initial leases were terrible. The car is not selling as well as they thought and they slightly improved the lease offers. But they still aren’t great. I think in general Honda would prefer to sell you the car rather than lease it to you.

1 Like

Guess I am in the same boat. Leased 2017 X3 for $345/m with 0 down, and 2016 328xi for $245/m with 0 down. I love my X3 but 328xi could do with more power.
2 years is coming to an end and want to replace the 328xi with may be full-feature AWD kind of a car. Not sure if Accord has it but heard the same great things that you mentioned.

FYI 2016 was the last year for theBMW four-year free service so if you’re only given three and it was dated from the day of delivery then you didn’t get the full new car service warranty. Being that the car was used to what you may have received was the remainder of the four year which may turn out to be three year.