BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

OTOH the acquisition fee is about $12.85/month more for 24 vs 36 months.

@greg.martin.2008 leased a 330e and it was fully residualized at ~$57k MSRP.

The dealership may have been charged back for the difference.

1 Like

Look at this post. Seems to confirm the MRM. Loaner with MSRP of $51985 and 4693 miles. That person lists the RV the dealer quoted as $32070, but I calculated $32049.

According to Bimmerfest, MRM was a 2017 thing only and was eliminated on 2018. @BMW_Dave, can you confirm/deny this rumorā€¦

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972519

It also explains why I was quoted 51k for the cap, as I was looking at the xDrive, which probably isnā€™t sold much out in CA. 51,400 for the xDrive, and 49,400 for sDrive

The residual of my $60250 2017 330e which I leased back in October was $35,667.50 after mileage adjustment.

EDIT: This was for 36 months and based of a 61% residual value

What are you trying to say?

Woops, guess I wasnā€™t clear. Basically, I was just providing my experience that the RV I got was based off the full MSRP rather than being capped at a certain value.

This isnā€™t necessarily true. I did a 340i for under 400 yesterday. MSRP 57k. You just need a huge discount.

1 Like

I will try to get clarification on all of this since Iā€™ve heard multiple things as well. Gotta love BMW programs! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This could also be regional. The mileage rules for loaners that came out last year were released in the PNW about 30 days ahead of everywhere else.

Very true. I will at least try to find out what weā€™ve got here in CA

This confirms that BMWFS appears to be fully residualizing at least the 2017 330e. Perhaps it changed for 2018 models?

2017 was the year in question. Rumors are swirling that 2018, MRM has been discontinued. It also looks that it was only applicable to the 330i/340i and not the 330e.

Thereā€™s really no use in speculating though, until we hear it from the horseā€™s mouth what the deal is.

I leased a 2016 535i in August 2016 and got a good deal on it (I think the residual was 71% for a 24 month lease, but I may be misremembering), in part because it was the end of that model - the 2017s were all new. In 2019 the three series will be all-new, and my lease comes up in August. Dave, do you think that we will see some big incentives on the 2018 three series come late summer this year?

Possibly. Hard to say though.

This is what I was asking. If with a good enough discount would it still be worth it. From your answer that woukd be a yes. Just out of curiousity what % off from MSRP was that car at? Just so I know around what to shoot for

I think that particular one was 35%

Can you still use loyalty over 5k? I know you lose BMWFS lease cash, but not sure about loyalty.

nothing can be used over 5k