BMW Money Factor and Co-Signing

Good Morning!

I’m getting Mom a new car (she will make pmts). She recently cleared bankruptcy and has a stable job as an RN. So she won’t qualify for top-tier credit. If I co-sign for her, will BMW FS grant us the best MF or do I just need to lease the car in my name? My credit is excellent.

Many thanks!

Matt

If both of you are on same app, they will go by the higher of the two scores for the MF. Only variable is in some cases they may require stipulations depending on how credit poor one of the signers is (but if co is SUPER strong—this probably won’t happen).

If you end up going this route, be very careful as to what you end up saying in front of the salesman/finance manager… This is a straw purchase, which is illegal. The dealership can get into some big trouble if they knowingly do a straw purchase.

Thank you both for the responses.

Also consider MSD to improve the rate.

BMW only does MSDs for customers rolling over their MSD to a new lease (so most likely not applicable in this case).

BMWFS just brought back MSDs for anyone.

Good news. Now triple-y glad I didn’t lease last month!

Give it a few days. My understanding in the PNW is MSDs are back along with some form of fleet, but no additional details yet.